Do You Only Play D&D For Your RPGing?

Do You Only Play D&D For Your RPGing?

• Yes

Votes: 125 28.4%
  • No

Votes: 315 71.6%

Wormwood

Adventurer
Nope---I can't even imagine being limited to one system.

4e has rekindled my interest in D&D, but it still rates the bottom of my top five games.

That said, other games are on temporarily on hold because both of my gaming groups are *more* in love with 4e than I am.

GreatLemur

Explorer
Only playing one RPG would be lame as hell. And, seriously, if I was gonna limit myself to one game, it sure as crap wouldn't be something as purpose-built and inflexible as D&D. Maybe Mutants & Masterminds or GURPS or something.

steenan

Adventurer
I can't even imagine playing only one RPG. It's impossible for one system to fit all my tastes - and most of my friends feel the same way. We use multiple published games and create homebrews quite often; we play in most genres we can imagine.

delericho

Legend
Not even close.

We're currently playing WFRP, then we're doing some Star Wars, then back to WFRP. Then we'll probably play some D&D 3.5e.

Somewhere in there we're going to give D&D 4e a try for a few adventures. And Pathfinder looks interesting - but with that we'll probably convert only because I want to run their adventure paths (assuming, of course, that I want to run their adventure paths).

I would really love to run a good cyberpunk-genre game. However, we had a really bad experience with Shadowrun 4e, so won't be going back to that system. Also, I have real issues with the technological assumptions typically made in the settings for such games - they seem to do a near-future as envisaged from the 80's, when what I would need is a near-future envisaged from the 00's.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Right now we are in the middle of a Ptolus campaign. When the DM decide he needs a break we are moving to HERO System for some supers action.

DM_Jeff

Explorer
Almost. I play Pathfinder RPG weekly with one group. D&D 3.5 twice a month with another.

Once or twice per YEAR someone can't make a game, and then it's Star Wars Saga and/or Doctor Who via d20 Modern & Future.

-DM Jeff

Voadam

Legend
I think I've played one game of Vampire since 3e came out. In the past I played WFRP, Shadowrun, GURPS, Star Frontiers, Rolemaster, Palladium, TMNT, Rifts, Heroes Unlimited, and maybe others in addition to D&D.

Its been all D&D for a number of years for me (I include OGL d20 system Arcana Unearthed/Evolved, Pathfinder, etc. as D&D though).

Yaztromo

Explorer
While I started playing with the Red Box, in time I went further and further from D&D, trying more rulesets and finding more fitting what I currently want from a game.
Multiple D&D editions didn't help much and, fundamentally, editions 3.X convinced me to finally step away from it.

Remove ads