Where's everyone vacationing this year?

Kid Socrates

First Post
My girlfriend and I will be driving from Overland Park, KS, to Staunton, VA, to visit my family and take in the sights and sounds of the scenic Shenandoah Valley, which is to say we'll be going a lot of places not in the Shenandoah Valley. We plan on hitting the Washington, D.C zoo and the museums if time permits, visiting my mother, sister, and all my nieces and nephews, and seeing what other weird things have sprung up in good ol' Staunton, home of the (I am not making this up) largest metal watering can in the world.

The best part about this trip is that we don't have to pay to stay anywhere, nor will we be paying for much of anything as my family will just be overjoyed to see us. A thousand miles is a long way.

Next year we're either going to go to Disneyworld, New York, or Chicago. Chicago we did two years ago, and -man- was it fun.

Most trips happen in the summer, so what are your plans during the hot months?

diaglo

Adventurer
going to Maryland for the 4th of July. watching the fireworks near NSA at Ft Meade.

then hitting Indy in August for Gen Con.

and then vacationing on Sanibel Island, Fla for Labor Day.

somewhere in there the rest of life happens.

buzzard

First Post
diaglo said:
and then vacationing on Sanibel Island, Fla for Labor Day.

If you have not been to Sanibel yet, I reccomend McTs, which is a real good seafood joint on the main drive (turn right after coming onto the island, don't recall which side of the street though, been a few years).

I have no major vacations planned myself. A short trip to Phoenix for a game con is about it.

buzzard

diaglo

Adventurer
buzzard said:
If you have not been to Sanibel yet, I reccomend McTs, which is a real good seafood joint on the main drive (turn right after coming onto the island, don't recall which side of the street though, been a few years).

i've got a timeshare there. i've been going for the last 12 years... well i didn't make it 2 years ago.. cuz it got wiped out by the Hurricanes. and then last year i didn't make it again cuz we got pulled into duty for Katrina and then Rita.

but this year i'm going... i think.

buzzard

First Post
diaglo said:
i've got a timeshare there. i've been going for the last 12 years... well i didn't make it 2 years ago.. cuz it got wiped out by the Hurricanes. and then last year i didn't make it again cuz we got pulled into duty for Katrina and then Rita.

but this year i'm going... i think.

My parents used to have a timeshare there for a long time. It's really quite a nice island.

buzzard

Mod_Bod

First Post
I just got back from 3 weeks in South America (Chile for one and two in Argentina). Next I am off to Moscow for a week in July and then in the fall, I am going back to Buenos Aires with a weeks stop-over in Rio de Janeiro. It should be a busy summer with a few side trips to Toronto and Montréal thrown in two (my game is on hiatus right now). :D

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Taking the family to Disney World in July. It will be my son's (3 yrs. old) first time there. When his big sister talks to him about it, it is almost exactly like the commercial they have been running.

Staying on property at the Beach Resort. It will be hot there, but I'm so looking forward to it.

DaveStebbins

First Post
Indianapolis in early August is my only extended vacation. I'll be meeting lots of friends and splitting my time between gaming and shopping. :)

Most of the rest of my vacation time will be spent seeing my daughter at various times throughout the rest of the year.

-Dave

Remove ads