• I'm pro-psionics!

Votes: 90 50.3%
  • I'm anti-psionics!

Votes: 66 36.9%
  • Keep me out of this one!

Votes: 23 12.8%

Glyfair

Explorer
Because the survivor thread seems to have been degenerated with a large side battle started by the anti-psionic group, with the pro-psionic group joining in, I thought I'd start this sidebar to hopefully distract them somewhat. They clearly have passionate opinions and feel a need to express them.

briezee

First Post
I find psionics pretty interesting. But I don't advocate for them, so I picked, "Keep me out of this!" It is kind of funny to watch the two group go at it though.

Glyfair

Explorer
Abraxas said:
I thought it was started by the pro psionic group ganging up on anything that keeps the psionic classes in there.

Nope, it definitely started by the someone from the anti-psionic group suggesting they gang up on one psionics class. That caused the pro-psionics group to decide to gang up on a class to push it over the psi class the other faction chose.

Of course, that's just within the thread. Any plotting and planning outside of the thread I'm not privy to.

Regardless, I'm still curious where the passions lie anyway.

Abraxas

Explorer
I must have missed that poll - I just remember that everytime a psi class got a lead the number 2 non psi suddenly leaps ahead.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
I'm pro-psionics! It's a good system, it's great for NPCs and PCs alike, and ... because... uh... they have lots of chocolate! Yeah!

-- N

Abraxas said:
I must have missed that poll - I just remember that everytime a psi class got a lead the number 2 non psi suddenly leaps ahead.
I agree with this.

Anyway, perhaps the thing to do is to change the voting mechanism. Perhaps with the final five it should be vote which one you want to keep in?

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

Particle_Man

Explorer
Personally, I like psionics, but I am not voting "strategically" in the poll, just voting the class I honestly like the least each time. After all, it is not like I will be forced to play only the winner of this poll or else the EN World police break down my door, so why not be honest?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I love 'em, always have, always will.

However, I wish they'd either make it core or drop it- I'm tired of trying to convince my DMs to use them. They tend to accept about 99% of core material, so making it core may just win the battle for me.

Remove ads