[November] What are you reading?

Allura

First Post
"His Majesty's Dragon" by Naomi Novik. DH picked this up and devoured it, and I'm doing my best to do the same. Napoleonic wars with dragons. If I was a history buff, I'd follow more, but I'm still enjoying it.

Andre

First Post
Allura said:
"His Majesty's Dragon" by Naomi Novik. DH picked this up and devoured it, and I'm doing my best to do the same. Napoleonic wars with dragons. If I was a history buff, I'd follow more, but I'm still enjoying it.

I finished that one a couple weeks ago and am waiting for the second book in the series to be available at my local library.

While I'm waiting, I'm reading Before the Dawn and American Gospel, both excellent non-fiction books.

ShadowDenizen

Explorer
Finsihing up "The Devils Armor", then on to "Sword of Angels".

On the waiting list?
"The Adventuires of Desperaux"
The "Harry Dresden" books (LOVE the omnibus editions my Book Club puts out!!)
THe "Lemony Snicket" books.

Pants

First Post
Finised Wolves of the Call on the 31st of October, about to crack open One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest since I just saw the movie for the first time.

Welverin

First Post
I think I'll try another chapter of The Dying Earth, if it goes the way the first one did I'll likely quickly move on to Heretics of Dune or Jedi Trial.

Gaming material will be mixed in as the mood strikes.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Just finished Snake Agent by Liz Williams, the first Detective Inspector Chen novel. Liked it so much, I ordered the second one from Amazon.

It's set in a near-future Shanghai; Chen is a detective who handles supernatual cases, usually involving Hell - He even has a visa. The descriptions of the Chinese Hell and Celestial realms are very cool. He knows a handful of spells, is bound to the Goddess of Mercy, and has a demon wife.

I'm going to read on Anansi Boys, then read the second Chen book.. then probably Dzur.

Remove ads