Ripping apart the ELH...

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
in search of mistakes to fix. :)

I'm trying to compile a list of mistakes in the ELH for future errata. I'd appreciate help with the following:
1. Finding mistakes I missed.
2. Removing "mistakes" I found which are, in fact, correct.
3. Figuring out where to send it.

It's my understanding that errata should be sent to Dale Donovan, drgndale@wizards.com. Is this correct?

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Format Errors:
Page 176, Demilich: A paragraph is repeated in the description.
Page 196: Haganemnon: Alignment should read “Always chaotic neutral” or similar.
Page 211, Shadow of the Void: The creature’s subtype should read (Cold, Incorporeal) instead of (Incorporeal, Cold).

Rules Errors:
Page 18, Assassin: Uncanny Dodge doesn’t appear to stack with other classes’ Uncanny Dodge as it did before.
Page 20, Dwarven Defender: Defensive Awareness doesn’t appear to stack with Uncanny Dodge as it did before.
Page 28, Divine Emissary: the text conflicts itself: divine inspiration 1/day at 1st level and +1/day at every third level, but the text lists 11th level as one of these levels; the table supports every third level over 11th level. The table doesn’t match the text: bonus feat at 5th level (text) or 6th level (table)?
Page 29, Epic Infiltrator: The text conflicts itself: sneak attack at 1st level and each additional 3, or on levels {1, 5, 8, 11, …}?
Page 36, Union Sentinel: The table doesn’t match the text: portal guardian 1/day or 2/day at 10th level?
Page 58, Improved Ki Strike: This feat is strictly worse than Penetrate Damage Reduction.
Pages 58-59, Improved Manyshot: This feat has no apparent benefit over Manyshot, as the number of attacks is capped at 4 with either feat.
Pages 59-60, Improved Spell Capacity: The use of a spell requires a spellcasting attribute of 10 + level, but Improved Spell Capacity states that the use of a spell slot requires a spellcasting attribute of 10 + level.
Page 65, Planar Turning: Instead of acting as the reflection of good characters, evil characters with this feat rebuke/command all outsiders. (If this is intentional, it is merely a format error.)
Page 174, Mithral Golem: The mithral golem requires polymorph any object to convert the iron into mithral, which is beyond the limits of the spell. Furthermore, the value of the mithral golem’s body is 8,500,000 gp, about 100 times the treasure of a standard EL 21 encounter – and roughly 8 times the total wealth of a 21st level character!
Page 174, Adamantine Golem: The adamantine golem requires polymorph any object to convert the iron into adamantine, which is beyond the limits of the spell. Furthermore, the value of the adamantine golem’s body is far beyond the expected treasure of an EL 25 encounter.
Page 254, Union Sentinel: The touch AC and heavy mace damage are incorrect (touch AC 18 (+5 deflection, +3 Dex [Dex 18, limited by an adamantine breastplate]), heavy mace 1d8+13 (+5 Str + 2 Weapon Specialization +4 Epic Weapon Specialization + 2 enhancement)

dcollins

Explorer
CRGreathouse said:
It's my understanding that errata should be sent to Dale Donovan, drgndale@wizards.com. Is this correct?

I'm quite sure that that's no longer correct.

A few months ago the ENWorld main page had a blurb that Penny Williams was the new contact for "core book" errata (penny.williams@wizards.com)... there may or may not be anyone designated for errata contact for other books.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
any word on submitting these and what they have said so far? I don't check the wizards board as they go down too much..i will just pay attention to this thread..

Forrester

First Post
I'm not sure what page it's on, but in the table that shows how many 10th through 25th level bonus spells spellcasters get because of high intelligence/charisma/wisdom, the word "Deity" is used instead of "character" once. Looks like they just cut 'n pasted from Deities and Demigods, and forgot to make all the necessary changes.

Edit: Idiots. If you're going to charge that much for a book, the least you can do is proofread the damn thing.

Last edited:

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Forrester said:
I'm not sure what page it's on, but in the table that shows how many 10th through 25th level bonus spells spellcasters get because of high intelligence/charisma/wisdom, the word "Deity" is used instead of "character" once. Looks like they just cut 'n pasted from Deities and Demigods, and forgot to make all the necessary changes.

Page 59, paragraph 1, second sentence.

Edit: Idiots. If you're going to charge that much for a book, the least you can do is proofread the damn thing.

Kinda harsh don't ya think? No book is ever gonna be 100% error free. Its enevitable that there will be mistakes, typos, etc. The bigger the book, the more likely something will get by. People are human and things like that happen. Though, I do agree that there were several mistakes in the PHB (1st printing) that should've probably been caught and killed before print.

godfear

Explorer
Page 18, Assassin: Uncanny Dodge doesn’t appear to stack with other classes’ Uncanny Dodge as it did before.

I thought in the DMG Eratta, they did away with the stacking levels thing for Assassin & Shadowdancer. Did they reinstate it while I wasn't looking?

Remove ads