Giant Shrimp

Brimshack

First Post
Okay, I'm a little rougher with swarms, but here is a shot. BTW, I am thinking of changing them back to animals, It's either that or refine both feats as bonus feats. For the moment I'm persuaded by the intelligence argument.

Swarm of Baby Shrimp
Daniel S. Wall
(12/7/06)

Baby Giant Shrimp Swarm (Mantis or Thunder)
Diminutive Animal (Swarm)
Hit Dice: 8d8-8 (26 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 20’, 40’ swim
Armor Class: 18 (+4 Size, +2 Dexterity, +2 Natural) Touch 16, Flat Footed 16
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/ -
Attack: Swarm (2d6+1d6 Sonic)
Full Attack: Swarm (2d6+1d6 Sonic)
Space/Reach: 10’/0’
Special Attacks: Distraction, Sonic Damage
Special Qualities: Immune to Weapon Damage, Lowlight Vision, Sonic Resistance 10, Swarm Traits
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +2
Abilities: STR 4, DEX 15, CON 9, INT 2, WIS 10, CHR 5
Skills: Hide +7, Listen +5, Move Silently +5, Search +2, Spot +6
Feats: Improved Initiative,
Environment: Warm Aquatic
Organization: Solitary but with a Pair of Adults (Mantis) or a School (Thunder Only)
Challenge Rating: 5
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always Neutral
Advancement: None
Level Adjustment: -

Mantis and Thunder Shrimp babies gather in dangerous swarms which inflict terrible damage on opponents foolish enough to be caught inside them. These swarms may often be found with a pair of Mantis Shrimp and they may always be found with a school of Thunder Shrimp.

COMBAT

Distraction (Ex): Creatures which begin their turn inside a swarm of shrimp must succeed on a Reflex save at a DC of 13 or be nauseated for 1 round. The DC is Constitution based.

Skills: Swarms of baby giant shrimp are skilled at hiding against the ocean floor, giving them a +4 racial bonus on Hide, Listen, and Move Silently checks.

Sonic Damage (Ex): Whether due to cavitation damage or mini sonic booms, a swarm of baby giant shrimp always does 1 extra d6 in damage to its victims.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Isn't "giant shrimp" an oxymoron?

Coming soon...tiny behemoths and miniature gargantua. :p

Cool critters, though. :cool:

Brimshack

First Post
Yep.

I liked the absurdity of the title. Besides I frequently order a similar oxymoron breaded and fried, and served with a nice cocktail sauce.

...lately, I prefer to saute it cajun style and serve with rice.

Remove ads