Aquatic Campaigns

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
It occurs to me that certain undead- those that are resistant to piercing damage- would be more challenging to PCs in an underwater setting, given that the physics of the region would favor piercing weapons above all others.

Brimshack

First Post
Oh come on, what kind of undead would be lurking around on the bottom of the sea? I mean it's not like there are any great tragedies in which whole loads of people die horribly all at once and disappear from the known world forever taking the mystery of their deaths with them. Nah! No good premises for undead at the bottom of the sea.

GreatLemur

Explorer
Kahuna Burger said:
when I was considering an aquatic campaign, I went with the idea that undersea "writing" would be more three dimensional to begin with - different shapes and substances beaded in strings for instance. So a spellbook would be a bunch of strings you ran your fingers over to study, while a scroll would be activated by snapping the "thread" and running all the beads out through your fingers.
Okay, now that is seriously interesting. Didn't some Native American (South American, I think) people have a form of "writing" composed of knots tied in string? I could completely believe a bead-based code. And it would have the added bonus of being readable by touch, which could come in handy in the lightless depths.

Just make sure your players are as enthusiastic as you are. What can seem like a great and interesting idea might not be some players' cup of tea. Especially if it's an entire campaign based on one specific environment (i.e., aquatic).

Kaodi

Hero
Good to see that you are still at it, Aeo.

I was thinking that any undersea campaign really needs a rift so deep that the pressure is too high to survive without magical assistance of some kind (which would of course be a 3rd level spell, like water breathing and fly).

Also, perhaps you should have a powerful sorceress or archmage that specializes in acid-based transmutations, hehehe... Who needs " fireball " when you have " deadly concentration " ?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases