Need replay ASAP: Background music for Mechanus
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)

Need replay ASAP: Background music for Mechanus

So my party is going plane hopping for the first time, and Mechanus is the cool. I'm looking for some background music, a bunch of ticking clocks or something woudl be awesome. Anyone know where I coudl get some?

The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

This might help -

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=174448

Then there's the beginning of AC/DC's Hells Bells or Pink Floyd's clocks in Time off Dark Side of the Moon.

Here's an interesting interview with Alan Parsons, Floyd's Grammy winning engineer -

http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/ptr/p...erview/dd.html

The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

I collect background music for every plane. I have 900 megs worth of planar background music. I have 6 songs for Mechanus and the first one is a bunch of clocks clicking. I warn you though, sounds like that will get annoying after a few minutes of hearing it during the game The worst is the Pandemonium sounds I have of wind blowing

The other Mechanus music is pleasant and aren't annoying. A couple are sort of industrial sounding and pretty cool.

If you want my mechanus mp3's, email me at oryan1977 at yahoo.com

Novice (Lvl 1)

I've found that music from the Games Silent Hill, SH 2, etc to have some great atmosphere music. It's tense sometimes, like metal against metal and definately different. I think they are great for that other world feel. Not sure if the movie soundtrack is similar as I don't recall what the score was like.

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Just turn the stereo on, crank the volume to 11 and play nothing.
    Mechanus might sound like that awful electronic hum.

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Oryan77
    I collect background music for every plane.
    That's funny. I've been doing this for several years and figured I was the only crazy person who organized it that way. Perhaps we should share lists sometime.

For Stalker0, I can give you a list of my 30 mp3s for Mechanus, but most are from movies, tv, and video games, so they can be tough to locate. Instead of hours of ticking clock music, I decided to select music that's somewhat light but mechanical sounding. Some examples would include "Doll's Polyphany" from Akira, the theme song from Six Feet Under, "Bubble & Slide" by Sabres of Paradise, or the theme from American Beauty.

There was also someone who posted here a couple years ago with a track he made specifically for Mechanus called "A Life in the Modron Cathedral." ITunes tells me that the artist is D. Spari, but a Google search came up with nil.

If you'd like more specifics, feel free to email my hotmail account which shares my name.

Hydra (Lvl 25)

You might want a song by a band called Soul Coughing, called BUS TO BEELZEBUB.

You can hear almost the whole song here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvwI77Zlq7w

Very mechanical assembly line type music, set to a beat.
    Last edited by Mistwell; Saturday, 31st March, 2007 at 12:29 AM.

The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Quote Originally Posted by Torx
    That's funny. I've been doing this for several years and figured I was the only crazy person who organized it that way. Perhaps we should share lists sometime.
    Nope, you're not the only nutjob that compiles plane specific music

I go as far as determining which track would be played the first time a PC arrives on the plane!

I'd love to share lists. The only problem is that I've renamed all of the files to what plane it's for. So I have no idea what song is from what. Most of it is pulled from other computer games, so you might recognize some of it. A lot is world music from Asian, Arabic, American Indian, & other cultures. I have a lot of Apocalyptica tracks that make good battle music.

If you want to attempt to swap lists (or better), shoot me an email at oryan1977 at yahoo.com

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

This is probably not at all what you're looking for, Stalker0, but I forgot to mention one more thing. I dabble in making my own electronic music, and I started a Planescape themed album. You can get the Mechanus song at my website.

Oryan, I'll compile a list and email it to you this weekend. Thanks for sharing!

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Well... not sure how appropriate this is, but whatever. At least it starts and ends with clocks...

http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR00998/#