Need replay ASAP: Background music for Mechanus

Stalker0

Legend
So my party is going plane hopping for the first time, and Mechanus is the cool. I'm looking for some background music, a bunch of ticking clocks or something woudl be awesome. Anyone know where I coudl get some?

Oryan77

Adventurer
I collect background music for every plane. I have 900 megs worth of planar background music. I have 6 songs for Mechanus and the first one is a bunch of clocks clicking. I warn you though, sounds like that will get annoying after a few minutes of hearing it during the game :p The worst is the Pandemonium sounds I have of wind blowing :heh:

The other Mechanus music is pleasant and aren't annoying. A couple are sort of industrial sounding and pretty cool.

If you want my mechanus mp3's, email me at oryan1977 at yahoo.com

Ravensblood

First Post
I've found that music from the Games Silent Hill, SH 2, etc to have some great atmosphere music. It's tense sometimes, like metal against metal and definately different. I think they are great for that other world feel. Not sure if the movie soundtrack is similar as I don't recall what the score was like.

Tinner

First Post
Just turn the stereo on, crank the volume to 11 and play nothing.
Mechanus might sound like that awful electronic hum.

Torx

First Post
Oryan77 said:
I collect background music for every plane.

That's funny. I've been doing this for several years and figured I was the only crazy person who organized it that way. Perhaps we should share lists sometime.

For Stalker0, I can give you a list of my 30 mp3s for Mechanus, but most are from movies, tv, and video games, so they can be tough to locate. Instead of hours of ticking clock music, I decided to select music that's somewhat light but mechanical sounding. Some examples would include "Doll's Polyphany" from Akira, the theme song from Six Feet Under, "Bubble & Slide" by Sabres of Paradise, or the theme from American Beauty.

There was also someone who posted here a couple years ago with a track he made specifically for Mechanus called "A Life in the Modron Cathedral." ITunes tells me that the artist is D. Spari, but a Google search came up with nil.

If you'd like more specifics, feel free to email my hotmail account which shares my name.

Oryan77

Adventurer
Torx said:
That's funny. I've been doing this for several years and figured I was the only crazy person who organized it that way. Perhaps we should share lists sometime.
Nope, you're not the only nutjob that compiles plane specific music :p

I go as far as determining which track would be played the first time a PC arrives on the plane!

I'd love to share lists. The only problem is that I've renamed all of the files to what plane it's for. So I have no idea what song is from what. Most of it is pulled from other computer games, so you might recognize some of it. A lot is world music from Asian, Arabic, American Indian, & other cultures. I have a lot of Apocalyptica tracks that make good battle music.

If you want to attempt to swap lists (or better), shoot me an email at oryan1977 at yahoo.com

Torx

First Post
This is probably not at all what you're looking for, Stalker0, but I forgot to mention one more thing. I dabble in making my own electronic music, and I started a Planescape themed album. You can get the Mechanus song at my website.

Oryan, I'll compile a list and email it to you this weekend. Thanks for sharing!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases