Background music for games

toberane

First Post
Whenever this topic came up on any of the older boards (Eric Noah's in particular, someone would post this subject about every 3 months or so) I always recommended the music from the Wheel of Time game... It was kind of an annoying game, but on CD 2, there is a music directory that has all the songs in mp3 format. It's some really good ambient celtic/rock music that I have burned to CD and used a few times.

We don't often use music, though, because the few times we tried it, most of our group found it to be too distracting, and by the time it got turned down low enough to suit everyone, it was practically muted.

Signs would be great for horror or suspense. We use alot of Diablo 2 the cd you get when you buy the game. Other than that its pretty much been posted. If your doing any western game like deadlands or sidewinder, When I was a Cowboy its the best.

Last edited:

BadMojo

First Post
ForceUser said:

Hey, I like that song! :)

It's not a terrible pop song, but after Wojciech Kilar's unbelievably intense score, the Annie Lennox tune is like a slap in the face.

I second the recommendation of almost any Ennio Morricone score. For the right style of game, I would probably try to squeeze in some of Morricone's Spaghetti Western film music. Excellent stuff.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Almost anything by THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS, if you want to add a bit of levity to your session.

Next time I DM, I plan on having the song "No" ready to go, off their new "family" album also titled "No". The song is fairly self-explanatory ("No means No...No is always no...if they say No it means a thousand times No"). And, if you have kids around, the album is 100% acceptable for kids to listen to (as well as adults).

Reprisal

First Post
Jeremy Soule and Christopher Franke

Jeremy Soule did an amazing job on scoring an older strategy game called Total Annihilation. I couldn't really tell you where to find it anywhere but on the actual Game CD, but the plus is that it's fit in there as CD tracks, not some proprietary music file.

Christopher Franke, as some of us should know, did the music for the TV series Babylon 5, and I think it's well suited to At-The-Table Play, hehe.

PS - Total Annihilation is now Free plus Shipping and Handling.

Post Edit - Well, it used to be on there, heck, I have it in MP3 format, ICQ me if you want it, hehe. :cool:

Last edited:

Remove ads