D&D 2 (WotDG) on British Television this Wednesday

Hey there! :)

Just wanted to alert those in the UK with cable television that Dungeons & Dragons 2: Wrath of the Dragon God is on television twice this Wednesday.

Its on ITV 4 at the following times

12:40 am (Wednesday morning...Tuesday after midnight if you prefer)

10:00 pm (Wednesday Night)

If you haven't yet seen the movie, its a better movie than the first, with some nice D&D-isms.

RichGreen

Adventurer
Upper_Krust said:
Hey there! :)

Just wanted to alert those in the UK with cable television that Dungeons & Dragons 2: Wrath of the Dragon God is on television twice this Wednesday.

Thanks. ITV4 is on Freeview so I can watch it. Now I just need to remember it's on!

Richard

Hey all! :)

NiTessine said:
Interesting.

Maybe this means we might finally see the R2 DVD release in a couple of months.

I'm wondering why we haven't heard more on the third Dungeons & Dragons movie yet. I thought WotC were making one right after D&D2...?

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
You folks across the pond might want to pluck out your eyeballs with a rusty spoon instead. Trust me it will be far less painful.

:)

Hey jaerdaph! :)

jaerdaph said:
You folks across the pond might want to pluck out your eyeballs with a rusty spoon instead. Trust me it will be far less painful.

:)

You crazy!? :eek:

I own the dvd and I will still watch it on tv tonight. ;)

Its not exactly Lord of the Rings but its an entertaining 'made for television' type movie. Its got the fantastic Nim the Rogue, the gorgeous Lux the Barbarian, actual spells, actual D&D monsters, magic items in use, a cleric actually turning undead, a dungeon with proper tricks and traps, a host of D&D-isms and bags of charm.

What it doesn't have is universally great acting amongst the leads (though the guy playing the Rogue is great), Damodar is (unfortunately) back*, the fight choreography is a tad dodgy. Considering the budget - the effects are pretty good.

*Klexx the Malign should have been the main villain...and I would have preferred the Dragon God to have an energy draining breath weapon (animating the victims as zombies) rather than fiery breath.

Remove ads