Custom divine abilities, portfolios, etc.

Nezkrul

First Post
I'd say both.

Divine Favoured Enemy Bonus (against all enemies) stacking with any Favoured Enemy Bonus from Ranger Class/Prestige Classes.

But isn't that what the Animus divine ability is for? Hence why I assumed it just enhanced my own FE bonuses. Thanks either way.

Nezkrul said:
any thoughts on my crossbow portfolio? (it's edited into my last post)

Howdy Nezkrul! :)

Well...firstly, I don't see the Storms portfolio being the directly opposed portfolio - that said, its always tricky having opposed portfolio's for objects. Magic might be the closest, since Crossbows are mechanical devices...?

For Object based Portfolios I wonder if it wouldn't be better to roll randomly for the opposed portfolio...?

Beyond that I don't see any obvious faults (assuming I am still capable of spotting them that is). Looks pretty good. I think it would be interesting to play a Crossbow using the Double Crossbow Portfolio. :cool:

Dragonmoon

Explorer
Hello. I search an effect to join with "25d6 of negative energy" to create a Dark Nexus effect opposed to Shining Nexus of the Epic Bestiary.
Thanks for any idea.

Hey there Dragonmoon! :)

apologies for the slow reply. been struggling with the flu for 2-3 weeks and

Hello. I search an effect to join with "25d6 of negative energy" to create a Dark Nexus effect opposed to Shining Nexus of the Epic Bestiary.
Thanks for any idea.

Wouldn't the obvious opposite be 25d6 of Positive Energy...?

Dragonmoon

Explorer
Hello Upper_Krust. I'm happy to kwow you are not disappeared from this forum. I'm sorry for my poor english, but actually I wanted to know the opposed to the permanent sunburst spell of shining nexus to join with 25d6 of negative energy damage to create a "dark" nexus special ability. I thought of a permanent energy drain with an area of ​​80 ft., but it seems too powerful to me. What do you think ?
Incidentally I and my friends have alwayes hope for a printed version of Immortals Handbook (and some new books).
Thanks!

Hello Upper_Krust.

Howdy Dragonmoon! :)

I'm happy to kwow you are not disappeared from this forum.

I occasionally go missing for a few weeks but I always comeback every now and again.

I'm sorry for my poor english, but actually I wanted to know the opposed to the permanent sunburst spell of shining nexus to join with 25d6 of negative energy damage to create a "dark" nexus special ability. I thought of a permanent energy drain with an area of ​​80 ft., but it seems too powerful to me. What do you think ?

Permanent energy drain is very powerful, as is Permanent (Void) Damage.

On the one hand it depends how high level your game is. On the other hand I would just mitigate the energy drain so that it is comparatively weaker.

ie. Maybe 25d6 negative energy and 1 level drained.

Incidentally I and my friends have alwayes hope for a printed version of Immortals Handbook (and some new books).

I was toying with the idea of releasing Ascension on something like the Lulu (print your own books) website. Ideally I'd like to finish the art of first of course and that has probably been holding me back on the matter. Like you (and your friends) I always wanted a print version of Ascension myself.

You are welcome.

Nezkrul

First Post
Ensorcelled cosmic ability

1. does it give wizards infinite spell slots to prep with?

2. does it affect epic spells / day?

3. if yes to 1, would that simply just be the same as making a wizard have spontaneous casting ability?

4. if yes to 2 (or no, doesn't matter), does Enlightened cosmic ability give knowledge of all possible epic spells?

Howdy amigo - just replied to your private message. :)

Ensorcelled cosmic ability

1. does it give wizards infinite spell slots to prep with?

2. does it affect epic spells / day?

3. if yes to 1, would that simply just be the same as making a wizard have spontaneous casting ability?

4. if yes to 2 (or no, doesn't matter), does Enlightened cosmic ability give knowledge of all possible epic spells?

1. Yes
2. Good question; I'm going to say no.
3. That was the idea behind it
4. I'm going to say no simply because I think Epic Spells are special. I think we would need a next tier up version of Enlightened for that.

That said, my own rules technically wouldn't use epic spells at all. I had a far simpler (and better IMO) idea for 'Epic' Magic which was Dimensional Magic Tables overlapping Spell templates.

ie. Entropic Dimensional Magic (permanent self harm) would be used as a modifier to offset a potential Spell Template (such as City Sized Area of effect).

So you would have a table for each type of dimensional magic showing what the potential boost was, with a table for Spell Templates showing what the cost was.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases