Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil

bolen

First Post
I am going through my old gaming stuff and trying to get rid of some of it at the auction (I only have so much room). I looked at the module Return to the temple of elemental evil. I have never run it. I think I read it a while ago. so I looked it up on ebay to see what I could sell it for. Wow. it is worth $50.00 +.

Why is it worth so much. Is it that good? Is it because Monte wrote it? What gives?

In other words why should I really want to keep it rather then sell it and get new games at Gen Con

It is worth more then the original which is 20 years old

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Name brand recognition (both Monte and ToEE itself), I'd think.

Given how much work it would be to update to 3.5e... might not be worth your time, let alone your money! :)

Cheers, -- N

Agamon

Adventurer
Someone has already gone through the work to convert it to 3.5E. I liked the adventure, it was a fun romp for a dungeon crawl.

Samnell

Explorer
Agamon said:
Someone has already gone through the work to convert it to 3.5E. I liked the adventure, it was a fun romp for a dungeon crawl.

I like it too, and it's been a gateway drug to some fairly deep subplots about religion and politics. I really ought to story hour it someday.

Celebrim

Legend
The module always struck me as being a very one note straight forward dungeon crawl unlikely to maintain the interest of any but a small subset of players. I never bought it nor dreamed of running it.

But in its peices, it's one of the best written, most inventive, most intriguing, and varied dungeons ever. It's just in between all that you would have endless encounters with hordes of monsterous demihumans and an interminable crawl through an extremely large dungeon. It's old skool cool. I'd like to own it just to mine it for ideas.

Remove ads