Character Generator

Just wondering if I'm the only one bothered by the fact that it seems the character generator will only be available through the subscription website. I'm interested in 4E, but I've found that I wouldn't be able to prep for my 3E games without Etools, and a character generator is a must if I'm going to switch over to 4E at some point. Paying $10 a month for an online character generator just isn't going to cut it (and yes, I know that there are other things offered through the site for that price, but the only thing that I'm interested in is the generator).

Has anyone heard anything that would lead them to believe that the character generator will be sold as a stand alone product?

Henry

Autoexreginated
Honestly, I imagine OGL versions of character generation software will be coming along as alternatives after the release. There is nothing from stopping Redblade/PCGen/Codemonkey/etc. from Retooling existing products to be "newest edition of the world's most popular role-playing game" compliant. :D

Moon-Lancer

First Post
This should work too.

Worlds most popular fantasy role-playing game 4e

and for those wishing to be more ambiguously legal

This product is compatible with 4e of the table top game that lets you delve into the deepest Dungeons and fight the toughest Dragons.

Last edited:

Baumi

Adventurer
I'm sure there will be other Character Generators. If they make the game easier than I'm sure it will be also easier to programm (Example: In Saga skills are much easier to handle (just learned and mastered & additional Skills from Int are retroactive)) and therefore we will surely see more Generators.

But the main advantage from the DDI-Version is that it will integreate all their additional books instead of having to do that yourself (especially if it so clunky as in all the 3E-Generators).

RFisher

Explorer
Christoph the Magus said:
Just wondering if I'm the only one bothered by the fact that it seems the character generator will only be available through the subscription website.

Rather, I'm hoping 4e chargen won't make me miss the software.

Remove ads