non-magic weapon mods

GlassJaw

Hero
In keeping with the low-magic treasure theme, I'm working on some additional weapon mods for non-magical weapons. Generally, I'm trying to keep them less powerful than standard magic item mods.

I'm also interested in weapon mods that may induce a penalty. I have no problem forcing a player to make a decision if he wants to take advantage of a specific mod. :]

Here's a few ideas I have so far:

Code:
Accurate	+2 bonus when aiming
Armor-piercing	ignores some amount of DR
Balanced	+2 bonus to Disarm
Brittle	        Decreased hardness
Deadly	        Extra damage on crit
Fragile	        Decreased hit points
Mastercraft	+1 damage bonus
Masterwork	+1 attack bonus
Precise	        +1 threat range when aiming
Rugged	        +2 bonus to resist Sunder
Sure Grip	+2 to resist Disarm
Tempered	+2 to bonus to Sunder

AnonymousOne

First Post
Well damn, a guy (i.e. Gryphon) on RPGhost posted it up and made it free for DL. I can't seem to find it in their archives. I don't suppose I'm allowed to host it here without the author's express permission.

UPDATE: Ah I found it on their home site.

http://community3e.com/equip.html

Scroll Down and look for "Gryphon´s Book of Weapons and Armour"

Should be available as a nice little .zip file. It has a ton of history and other cool things. all 3.x compatible but none of it cannon.

delericho

Legend
I use the Wicked enhancement from Arcana Evolved (+2 damage).

In a low magic game, I would also expand Masterwork to also include Masterpiece (+2 enhancement bonus) and Superlative (+3 enhancement bonus). I'd probably also use Basket Hilt (+2 vs Disarm).

In general, I cost the first enhancement at 300 gp, the second at 1,000 gp, and the third at 2,400 gp. A single weapon cannot have more than three enhancements. However, those figures are just plucked out of the air.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases