Computer Paper to Scroll Paper???

Spoof

First Post
How can I turn computer paper into paper that looks like it was created in a dnd game for scroll use. I know I can lightly brush coffee on the paper and let it dry, does anyone else know other tricks?

Balsamic Dragon

First Post
CAREFULLY, cover the paper on boths sides with metal baking sheets to expose only a half-inch of paper and burn the edges off with a match. This, combined with coffee or lemon juice treatment will result in a nice fantasy look. Roll up and tie with ribbon, or, even better, seal with wax.

Balsamic Dragon

kingpaul

First Post
Balsamic Dragon said:
CAREFULLY, cover the paper on boths sides with metal baking sheets to expose only a half-inch of paper and burn the edges off with a match. This, combined with coffee or lemon juice treatment will result in a nice fantasy look. Roll up and tie with ribbon, or, even better, seal with wax.
Oooh...I like that idea.

I just bought a package of "resume" parchment paper. It's not that expensive, you can get it at any office supply store, and you don't have to do a lot of work every time you want to use it.

Orco42

First Post
I've baked the paper in the oven to brown it then burnt the edges with a lighter before. Works great for loose peices of paper.

But it gets fragile after being in the oven so it might crack if you roll it up.

Painfully

First Post
Some of this was discussed in another thread about mapping techniques...I'm too lazy to look for it or link it right now.

I'll second the parchment paper suggestion. It has a classic look to it to begin with and isn't too expensive.

Real calf-skin vellum goes for $30 a square foot. It is NOT a good choice unless you are into bookbinding or calligraphy on a professional level, or you have a lot of money to burn.

mmadsen

First Post
How can I turn computer paper into paper that looks like it was created in a dnd game for scroll use. I know I can lightly brush coffee on the paper and let it dry, does anyone else know other tricks?
Ideally, you'd get much longer paper than 11", and you'd find extremely textured paper, since scrolls were made of papyrus (long reeds split open and flattened into sheets).

Remove ads