Is EN World really DM World?

Are you primarily a DM?

• Yes

Votes: 227 76.7%
  • No

Votes: 69 23.3%

Nikroecyst

First Post
I voted Yes. Mostly cause thats all I do is DM. I hardly ever get to play, and when I do get to its not really a world or game that I like all that much.

Dicholas Memington
(i think i win the vote for oddest DM name)

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I'm not surprised there seem to be more DMs participating on the boards than players. As DMs, we're likely to have more questions and comments about how our games are running, may be looking for advice more, may have more rule questions so we can adjudicate them sensibly, and, with out DMing experiences, we're more likely to be able and willing to advise on any and all of these subjects.

Quite frankly, I'd be mildly surprised if any gaming messageboard was dominated by players who never or have never DMed.

Slander

Explorer
Voted No. I've mostly relinquished the DM seat and have enjoyed my time as a player. Except for a one-shot Alternity game, I haven't sat in the DM chair for 2-3 years.

Which, on a side note, is why I will be wildly disappointed if 4E doesn't live up to the hype. The 4E news has set off my DM itch. If 4E doesn't scratch it, I'm not entirely sure what I'll do.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Which, on a side note, is why I will be wildly disappointed if 4E doesn't live up to the hype. The 4E news has set off my DM itch. If 4E doesn't scratch it, I'm not entirely sure what I'll do.

Perhaps apply a cream?

(or Torgo's Executive Powder)

DiamondB

Explorer
In my 20+ years gaming I'd have to say I've been primarily DM, mostly because nobody else would do it. I have had the decadant luxury of playing a single character over the past 8 years or so, but now that's been reduced to a trickle (once a month) as I have again reclaimed my rightful place behind the screen.

Davelozzi

Explorer
Dave Meredelozzi here.

I DM considerably more than I play. I definitely run games because I like too, though it is true that no one else in my regular group does. I wouldn't mind some action on the other side of the screen, but in addition to, not instead of, DMing.

shilsen

Adventurer
EricNoah said:
But to answer the question ... I think of myself primarily as a DM. If forced to do so, I would drop out of the groups I was playing in rather than drop the game I DM. There would be a pretty big hole in my gaming life if I wasn't DMing.
I'm with the Dric. I'm in a lot more games as a player than a DM (mainly because I'm in a lot of PbP games and I only run one), but I generally do consider myself more of a DM than a player and if forced to choose, would always pick the DMing over the playing.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases