A Sojourn in Sairundan Part 2 [Judge: Manzanita]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The half-orc (so identified by Kurgahz) begins speaking in common now. "Fine! I will put up with her presence, but my companions may not be so-"

His speech is cut short by another, similarly clad humanoid falling into the pit.. This one also gets up and looks around. It sees the half-orc, sees that his weapons are drawn, but the first half-orc barks, "No! We have a truce. But when Duiz gets-"

Again, the speech is interrupted by yet another humanoid falling into the pit. This one lands on its feet. The first half-orc shouts, "Duiz, stop!" But Duiz sees creatures that are not his known allies, roars, and whips into a frenzy.

The first half-orc curses in orc, "Shuk!" as Duiz slams into Kurgahz with full force, his falchion cutting into Kurgahz's shoulder. (Hits AC 26, 9 damage to Kurgahz)

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Hm... I'm not sure exactly how readied actions work, but I think she can use it only on the first (or second, if she reassigned the readied action on her init count during the 'round' that he arrived) humanoid. The newest guy is a new target, so I think no.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Oh, I see. Several rounds had passed. Allow me to explain Readied Actions then. Readied actions continually delay her initiative until they trigger, and then she gets to go before that action. This is enough to beat the 'new characters enter combat at the top of the round' clause, though it is not enough to defeat something that was unnoticable. That is to say, if Lasair had an action readied to manifest Suggestion if the party was attacked, then she would manifest it in the middle of the opponent's action who was trying to attack (and in later rounds, her initiative would be set to go before the guy she interrupted). Check Readied Actions to hear the same thing paraphrased.

This means Lasair gets to manifest Suggestion before the attack. She will choose her target (or targets--she can do a multitarget) at the time of manifesting, as usual.)

Trouvere

Explorer
Conuld, Transmuter 3, HP 16/16, AC 16 (Mage Armor)

Conuld, almost out of magical options, casts Light on his staff. Then he yanks a scroll from the case thrust through his belt and unrolls it.

OOC: I had Light struck out on the spells prepared list the last few times I pasted it, but checking back I see it was cast yesterday when the scorpions emerged from the sand, so he in fact has it prepared again/still. Now he's down to Ghost Sound and Prestidigitation.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Please do not be so hasty," Lasair speaks with mixed compassion and urgency, "Sit down here with us in safety from the storm and simply listen; do not raise arms. Instead, allow us to share the story of how we came to be here today with you, and you yours with us. You should see the mighty and cruel desert monster down here that we have felled. Even so, we mean you no harm and bid you welcome."

(OOC: The Suggestion is to sit calmly and listen to us explain. It is open-ended and so will only last for up to 1 hour per level, if it works. Will Save DC is 17 to resist. If he doesn't, he will have to change his action, but if he does, he can keep attacking as usual :()

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Took me long enough, but here is his save:

Duiz ignores (18) Lasair's suggestion and cuts right into Kurgahz.

Conuld casts light and pulls out a scroll.

The first half-orc has a pained expression on his face, but he does not hesitate to act. His weapon (a falchion, you think) slices at Cludge, but Cludge parries. (14)

Shadya...

Initiative:
Lasair
Duiz
Conuld
First Half-orc
Shadya <--
Cludge
Kurgahz
Second Half-orc

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper