GM1: Bizarre Bazaar

Kenku17

First Post
William looks up at the group with a smile on his face. "Hello to you all, my name is William Kendric. My party and I are on our way to Umaecyl's Bazaar for an auction. Would you be able to help us?"

covaithe

Explorer
The dwarf pulls on a handful of his beard and squints at you, cocking his head sideways. "Oomraecyl, ye say? Tha' remainds me o' summat... Ah, tha's richt, ye'll be the lads Thargon spake abite! He came thra' uir caves twa nates agoo, en a great bleedin' hurry. He didna stop f'r lang, but he spake of ye, said ye were trauvellin' ta the Bazaar, and mate be needin' a bet of a hand, seein' as thes toonnel haur be blocket sair. Ye'll nae be gan thra' thaur f'r a lang tame; We lad's've got ta deg it ite proper, shore't oop an' all. 'Twon't be doon oovernate, ye ken. But ne'er ye crabbit, thaur be uither ways. We'll see ye thra'. Donal! Morran! Tek these fane fulk thra' to the rade to the Bazaar, aye? An' maind ye keep yer wets sharp; could be mair of them oondeed abite."

Two younger dwarves step forward and nod pleasantly, while the leader continues. "I didna recognaze ye withite tha' orc yon Thargon maintioned. Wha' happened tae the orc, hey?"

Heckler

First Post
"Oh, yes, the orc! That would be Tank. Nice enough fellow, really, as far as orcs go, anyway. Really good at breaking stuff. But, ummm, anyway, here's the thing...kind of funny really...well, no, not really,...but anyways, several days ago we got into a bit of a fight with these rat-men. We finished the vile things off, but I'm afraid Tank did get chewed on a bit in the process.

Now, we didn't think much of it and kept on about our business. It didn't occur to any of us that they might have infected one of us, but last night, under the full moon, Tank sort of, well, changed, he became a rat and ran off into the darkness.

So now we're in a bit of a pickle, well, not as big a pickle as Tank mind you, but anyway, we're a bit torn. Its terribly important we get to this auction on time, but we also don't want to leave our boon companion behind. I mean, he's out there, somewhere, and hopefully he hasn't been found by some fox or owl. And if he's changed back, well, then, he's completely starkers because he left all his stuff behind. Hopefully there's some way to cure him of his condition, though I'm sure I don't know of one myself. You wouldn't happen to have any insight, would you?

And you know what, as long as I've got you here? We found a scroll several days back. All we can make of it is that its in Dwarvish, and, well, would you mind taking a look at it? I believe its over here in Tank's stuff, actually. He was kind of the party packrat...errr...I mean, he held onto a lot of stuff. Ah, yes, here it is!"

covaithe

Explorer
"Tairned intae a rat, ye say? Grendath's gelded gairters!" the dwarf leader sucks on his teeth, making his eyes stand out in rather comical fashion. "Oonly ane theng ta dae; get yersailves soom selver weapons, aye! E'en ef he was yer fraind, the anes that go that way, they go bad, seener or later. Baist watch yersailves, aye, if he retairns."

He pores over the scroll, squinting and holding it at arms length, as if he were slightly farsighted, but can make no more sense of it than Thargon could. "The reens are tae auld fer the lakes of me," he apologizes. "Ye'll need ta faind a scholar or summat."

The two younger dwarves stand easily, patiently waiting for you to come or to decline their services.

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Yes, it looks like we're down to 3 plus Phelan. Would you guys have more fun with a few more players involved? I'm sure we could recruit some, and it wouldn't be terribly hard to write them in.

Kenku17

First Post
OOC:well, me and heckler are basically bouncing between each other due to Tank being Ratted, and Jinx dissapearing. At least 1 more dude/gal would be cool.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases