GM1: Bizarre Bazaar

Heckler

First Post
"Good day, sir. My friends and I plan on bidding on the Urn of Aldamarra at the upcoming auction. We would like to view it beforehand and understand an appointment must be made. Should we do that here, or is there some other way we are to make arrangements?"

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, human cleric

[sblock=Weel]
"I do not think you will have trouble finding them. Getting them to trust you, however.... My correspondent, whose name I cannot reveal, did say that he was asking for help on behalf of a dwarf named Thargon. Perhaps that name will earn you a chance to explain yourself."

"It hadn't even occurred to me they wouldn't trust me," the young cleric says softly. Then he squares his shoulders and sets his jaw.

"Well, nothing more to it than to set out and find the path, yes?" he says. "My thanks to you, Volidar. Phyrah guide your journey to find Karm."

With that, the cleric moves up the slope and toward the light. If being an adept of the wanderer has taught him anything, it's that it's never shameful to ask directions, so he speaks to the first person he sees:

"Pardon me, but I'm looking for some people I'm to be working with," he says cheerily. "I believe there should be eight of them ... no, wait. Five. One of them is named Octavio, so I got that confused with ...

"No matter. There are five: Octavio, Tankard, William, Phelan, and Hex. No, not Hex: Jinx. Yes. Adventurers, so I'm hoping they might stand out? Or if not them, I'm told someone named Thargon is connected to them?"
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
"Good day, sir. My friends and I plan on bidding on the Urn of Aldamarra at the upcoming auction. We would like to view it beforehand and understand an appointment must be made. Should we do that here, or is there some other way we are to make arrangements?"

"Very good, sir. I can arrange the appointment for you. I believe Master Umraecyl has an opening in two hours' time. I see that you gentlefolk have but recently arrived; perhaps you would tell me where you intend to seek lodgings, I can confirm the appointment and send a runner for you there when Master Umraecyl is ready?" Your intention to bid on the Urn seems to have raised you a notch in the hobgoblin's esteem.

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=Weel]As you approach the entrance, there are two well-equipped and compentent guards there. In response to your questions, they shake their heads. "Sorry, haven't seen anyone like that. But there are three other entrances to the Bazaar, and people coming in all the time for this auction. I'm sure your friends will turn up."

Before letting you go on, they give you a little speech much like this one, outlining the basic rules of the enclave and informing you of the time and place of the auction..

ooc: I have it in mind that you'll meet up with the party at the Thorn and Castle when they get around to going there, so if you want to just hang tight until they get there and then wander in, that's fine with me. I'm keen to get you guys together as soon as possible.
[/sblock]

Heckler

First Post
"Very good, sir. I can arrange the appointment for you. I believe Master Umraecyl has an opening in two hours' time. I see that you gentlefolk have but recently arrived; perhaps you would tell me where you intend to seek lodgings, I can confirm the appointment and send a runner for you there when Master Umraecyl is ready?" Your intention to bid on the Urn seems to have raised you a notch in the hobgoblin's esteem.
"Splendid! We haven't decided where we'll be staying just yet, but we can wait for your man at the Thorn and Castle. We've had a long journey, and we're all looking forward to a proper meal and something to drink."

Kenku17

First Post
(OOC:sorry for delay, was thinking.)

"One last small thing, I was wondering if I could also get an appointment to view the sword being bid on." William says

(OOC:ready once thats dealt with)

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, human cleric

[sblock=Weel]
In response to your questions, they shake their heads. "Sorry, haven't seen anyone like that. But there are three other entrances to the Bazaar, and people coming in all the time for this auction. I'm sure your friends will turn up."

Before letting you go on, they give you a little speech much like this one, outlining the basic rules of the enclave and informing you of the time and place of the auction..

ooc: I have it in mind that you'll meet up with the party at the Thorn and Castle when they get around to going there, so if you want to just hang tight until they get there and then wander in, that's fine with me. I'm keen to get you guys together as soon as possible.

Weel bites his lip as his first inquiry fails, but brightens a bit as he hears about the place.

"Well, I can't imagine they'd be camping in caves, and if I'm the modest help they're after, I wouldn't expect they'll be at the golden establishment. Thorny Castle, I think, then. And Castle, that is. Thorn... you get the idea."

With a smile and nod of thanks, Weel wanders off to see the sights and keep an eye out for the Thorn and Castle

OOC: I'm fine hanging out 'til the others get back
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
"One last small thing, I was wondering if I could also get an appointment to view the sword being bid on." William says

"Of course, sir. Master Umraecyl will be delighted to show you whichever of the auction items you wish to see during your appointment. Good day!" The hobgoblin turns and marches back into the house with practiced pomp.

The inside of the Thorn and Castle is pleasantly bright and warm. A cosy fire crackles in the hearth, and the smell of baking bread fills the air. A few patrons sit quietly at smooth-worn tables in orderly rows fill the room, some eating, some writing in books. If it were not for the fact that one of the patrons is a sour-looking Derro, and the bartenders various goblinoids, it would be easy to forget that you were a long ways underground.

Lodgings are easily acquired, and the bartender offers you a selection of refreshing beverages to help pass the time while you wait for Umraecyl's messenger.

ooc: Weel can come in any time.

Remove ads