Epic Destinies and Earth Giants

Gort

Explorer
I love the idea of epic destinies, but that one really leaves me cold.

"You build a tower somewhere and never leave it. Good game."

I'm hoping some of the other ones are better - I was hoping for stuff like "How to become a god" - stuff we couldn't do before. It's not like it was particularly tough to do "Your wizard starts a wizarding school" with the rules we had before.

AllisterH

First Post
TerraDave said:
Like I've said: feels like retro.

Er, no. That's not what you implied earlier. You immedieately thought it was WoW even though many of us think Epic Destinies were scribbled straight from the Immortal boxed set.

DandD

First Post
Derren said:
Wow, you must do a epic quest in order to marry and have children...
The population of your worlds must be very low.
She's a divine princess from the Astral Sea, and the necromancer is the archlich-son of Orcus. And the final battle takes place on the wastes of Megido, a legendary dessert on the world where it is said that the gods and the primordials clashed upon each another in the last days of the creation wars.

All you need is a little bit imagination. :D

Knight Otu

First Post
AllisterH said:
Er, no. That's not what you implied earlier. You immedieately thought it was WoW even though many of us think Epic Destinies were scribbled straight from the Immortal boxed set.
Are you mixing up your Daves there?

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Derren said:
Wow, you must do a epic quest in order to marry and have children...

Nah, read it again.

Epic quest to save a princess from a necromancer (who might already be a lich due to the aforementioned secrets) that requires someone to die.

"We have known for many years of Al'grazzar and his need for the Blood of the Royals to cement his unholy immortality. The lineage of Princess Phedra has long been blessed with the everlasting watchful eye of the gods. But what can we do? Al'grazzar is also blessed with that watchful eye, and it is written that anyone who faces him in combat will have their soul rent from their body by the sheer force of his evil magic wards."

But the PC's have saught out Knowledgeable Sage #37, who is more aware of these wards!

"Indeed, the first person to face Al'grazzar will be inevitably killed by these wards. This death comes gradually, over several minutes. And triggering this death will also strip the wards away, leaving him vulnerable. If one was to sacrifice themselves, for a few moments, Al'grazzar would be vulnerable."

And the PC's now know what they must do... :)

Sojorn

First Post
Kamikaze Midget said:
Nah, read it again.

Epic quest to save a princess from a necromancer (who might already be a lich due to the aforementioned secrets) that requires someone to die.

"We have known for many years of Al'grazzar and his need for the Blood of the Royals to cement his unholy immortality. The lineage of Princess Phedra has long been blessed with the everlasting watchful eye of the gods. But what can we do? Al'grazzar is also blessed with that watchful eye, and it is written that anyone who faces him in combat will have their soul rent from their body by the sheer force of his evil magic wards."

But the PC's have saught out Knowledgeable Sage #37, who is more aware of these wards!

"Indeed, the first person to face Al'grazzar will be inevitably killed by these wards. This death comes gradually, over several minutes. And triggering this death will also strip the wards away, leaving him vulnerable. If one was to sacrifice themselves, for a few moments, Al'grazzar would be vulnerable."

And the PC's now know what they must do... :)
"Surely no one would be self-sacrificing enough to destroy my wards!"

*self-sacrificed!*

"NOOOOOOO! Done in by judging others by my own standards!"

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
"Surely no one would be self-sacrificing enough to destroy my wards!"

*self-sacrificed!*

"NOOOOOOO! Done in by judging others by my own standards!"

Hehehe, yup, classic Villain move.

And the sacrificer is rewarded in Valhalla (and is chosen amongst the elect to come back at Ragnarok for his noble sacrifice), the anti-hero gains access to the Lich's secret (perhaps the next party now has a villain! :)), and the guy who wants a lineage gets a special blessed bloodline to make babies with (perhaps the next party has a new history for their PCs!).

I like it when a game ends with a sense of awesome.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases