Highmoon Media Productions To Produce True20 Ancients

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

HIGHMOON MEDIA PRODUCTIONS TO PRODUCE TRUE20 ANCIENTS

May 12, 2008 (MIAMI BEACH, FL & SEATTLE, WA) — Highmoon Media Productions has reached an agreement with Green Ronin Publishing to produce the new True20 Ancients line of sourcebooks, bringing the critically-acclaimed historical Mythic Vistas settings to the True20 Adventure Roleplaying game. Highmoon Media Productions will act as a design studio for Green Ronin, performing the conversion to True20 of all the game material—done by True20 fan-favorite author Matthew Kaiser—as well as producing the finalized version of the product.

True20 Ancients will bring to the True20 game all the material previously found in Testament: Roleplaying in the Biblical Era, Trojan War: Roleplaying in the Age of Homeric Adventures, and Eternal Rome: Roleplaying in the Age of Gods and Emperors, with some new material added in. The new line will reorganize the information and present it by cultures, making it easy for True20 fans get all the pertinent information for a specific culture in one package.

“I have been a passionate fan of Testament since its release, as well as of Trojan War and Eternal Rome,” said Daniel M. Perez, owner of Highmoon Media Productions. “Green Ronin did a fantastic job with these books, which is why I actively support them via Ancient World Adventures Magazine (formerly Targum) and why I sought to do this project as well. I am delighted that Chris Pramas accepted our proposal and entrusted us with this endeavor. I can’t think of a more fitting project to mark our entry into the world of True20 publishing than True20 Ancients.”

“I'm a big fan of historical gaming,” said Green Ronin President Chris Pramas, “which is one of the reasons we did the Mythic Vistas line in the first place. No one has been a more ardent supporter of that material than Daniel Perez, which makes him the perfect choice to develop True20 Ancients for us. This is great news for fans of True20 and historical gaming.”

True20 Ancients: Rome will be the first book in the line, followed by True20 Ancients: Israel & Canaan, and by the rest of the ancient world cultures presented in the original settings afterwards. True20 Ancients will be available in PDF from the Green Ronin webstore and vendor sites at RPGnow.com and DriveThruRPG.com.

Find out more about True20 Ancients at www.highmoonmedia.com/true20ancients

ABOUT HIGHMOON MEDIA PRODUCTIONS
Highmoon Media Productions is a Miami Beach-based e-publisher of gaming products, including Ancient World Adventures Magazine (formerly Targum), a magazine supporting Ancient World campaign settings. Highmoon Media Productions also produces The Gamer Traveler Podcast and The Digital Front Podcast. Learn more about Highmoon Media Productions at www.highmoonmedia.com.

ABOUT GREEN RONIN PUBLISHING
Green Ronin Publishing is a Seattle-based company known for its dedication to quality books and games. Founded in 2000, Green Ronin has won more awards for excellence and innovation than any other game company in the new millennium, and took home the coveted ENnie Award for Best Publisher an unprecedented three years running. With great licenses like Thieves' World and the Black Company, groundbreaking games like Mutants & Masterminds and Blue Rose, and a roster of top flight designers and illustrators, Green Ronin Publishing is a leading light in the hobby game industry. Learn more about Green Ronin at www.greenronin.com.

# # #
Highmoon Media Productions Media Contact
Daniel M. Perez
daniel@highmoonmedia.com

Green Ronin Media Contact
Nicole Lindroos
nicole@greenronin.com

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
Thanks for the good wishes everyone. Trust me, I am just as excited to do this project.

We're gonna start a design journal soon (probably by next week), so you'll start getting some behind-the-scenes peeks.

Oh, and Dorn:
Looking forward to 4E, and True20 Ancients!
Just awesome. Thanks. :D

ConanMK

First Post
MulhorandSage said:
I'm really happy to see this, Daniel.

Hi Scott. I just wanted to let you know that I am very excited to be working on this project. Your work in Testament has been an inspiration to me both as a gamer and a game designer, and I am honored to have an opportunity to bring that wealth of material to the True20 system.

Remove ads