Urn Your Pay (Rae judging)

Trouvere

Explorer
Gildrim stumps his way up Merchant Avenue. When he draws near to the northern end where Alvar Thorne's offices can be found, he slows his pace and begins rubbing at his beard, setting free small puffs of dried swamp mud.

"Bad luck sticks as ticht," he says to himself. He turns from his path and crosses the square to the Red Dragon Inn.[sblock=OOC]A little bit of two of the options, I think.[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: I'd assume Gildrim cast identify on the wand he kept on one morning of his journey home.

Do you want to continue in this thread for Gildrim's visit to Thorne's, and the final leg with a mostly new party, or close it down (cough XP! cough), get some DM credits, and start a new one (Swamp Trek III - The Search for Ter-raen)?

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: It's probably worth a new thread. And I certainly do owe you XP. Yes, Gildrim might well have cast Identify on the wand, in which case he would have discovered a wand of Magic Missile (caster level 1), with 20 charges remaining. (He might also have used prestidigitation to clean himself, but you seem attached to the swamp muck. :) Or does he not have it?)

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: Will do.

Yes, Gildrim does have prestidigitation, but there's madness in his method.

It's a bit weird that Gildrim can cast identify while having no ranks in Spellcraft or Knowledge (arcana). The spell must give him a lot of information that he doesn't really understand. He'll know a command word for the wand, of course, so some experimentation will have shown that "th' bluidy stick" won't work for him. It's a bit underpowered for Persephone, Conuld isn't permitted to gain it, and Enthalas has chosen evocation as a barred school! Of the RDI patrons, only Nurlan could perhaps find a use for it. Otherwise, G can get up to 180 gp for it at Rinaldo's.

Trouvere

Explorer
ooc: And I certainly do owe you XP.
Will it be enough to take Gildrim to 4th level? That will determine what he buys before he leaves Orussus for the swamp again. He needs 2987 XP to level. There's 13 months of unawarded time XP, and I can recall a large fiendish monstrous spider, an ooze mephit, a pit trap and a pair of darkmantles before the undead encounter. That's 2850 XP by the book, before all that, y'know, glorious RP bonus XP.

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Yikes, I had (as I'm sure you guessed but were too polite to say) completely forgotten about this xp award. I'll get on it right now.

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: That's absolutely fine. I've not been sitting silently fuming for weeks! I'd entirely forgotten it myself until yesterday when I began wondering whether he should spend any of his 1500 gp reward.

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=XP]

Gildrim, Ter-raen, and Karm beat a large fiendish monstrous spider (CR 3): 300 xp each

Same group beats an ooze mephit (CR 3): 300 xp each

Karm disappears (last post 2nd of May). 2.5 months of time XP at level 1 gives him 125 xp, plus 50 xp for roleplaying, so his total is 775.

Gildrim and Ter-raen, with an NPC'd Karm, beat 3 darkmantles and a pit trap: 400 xp each.

Ter-raen dies. Accumulated time xp is 12 months (28th August 2008 - 24th Aug 2009, which is when he died) at level 3, for 1800 xp. 200 xp for roleplaying brings his total to an even 3000 xp, bringing him to level 4 before he dies. Thus, serow may start a replacement character at level 2 if he likes, as specified in the LEW Guide.

Gildrim gets away. Accumulated time xp is 13 months (28 Aug 2008 - 28 Sept 2009) at level 3, for 1950. He gets 200 xp for roleplaying as well, plus an additional 500 xp for partial quest completion in bringing word back to Alvar Thorne. Grand total 3650 xp, bringing him to level 4.

[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases