Which version of D&D or D&D-like will you be playing by the end of 2008 ?

Which version of D&D or D&D-like will you be playing by the end of 2008 ?

• I'll be playing 4E.

Votes: 185 39.4%
  • I'll be playing Pathfinder RPG.

Votes: 59 12.6%
  • I'll be playing D&D 3.5 / OGL.

Votes: 112 23.8%
  • I'll be playing an older version (ODD, basic, AD&D, AD&D2).

Votes: 23 4.9%
  • I'll be playing a D&D-like system (C&C, french dK, ...).

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • I'll be playing other non-D&D RPGs.

Votes: 10 2.1%
  • I choose several options here.

Votes: 67 14.3%

Ginnel

Explorer
4th edition for me, and 3.5 though I do wish the DM would run the pathfinder campaign we just started in 4th ed, because 3rd edition just seems too limited, especially when we're playing the pregens, and the rogue has 8 int 13 wis and 10 cha useless for any useful options (read spellcasters)

On a side note I read through bits of the book of 9 swords the other day, only one word to say, Broken (compared to the rest of 3.5 fightery classes)

Greg K

Legend
Mutants and Masterminds
True20
d20Modern (replacing the fx rules with third party supplements)
3e ( primarily core books, UA, MM2, Fiend Folio, the dedicated monster books and third party supplements)
Rolemaster
posssibly cinematic Unisystem.

Definitely not 4e unless WOTC and third parties rewrite a large portion of the rules including replacing per encounter/daily abilities and reworking healing, condition recovery, and how daily items work.

Slander

Explorer
I started a WotBS campaign at the end of April. This Thursday, we'll be starting the second adventure. I have a feeling we'll be playing 3.5 till the end of '09 unless I get burnt out before then.

RFisher

Explorer
It could honestly be any of those, with maybe equal chances.

Except for “I’ll be playing a D&D-like system”. Between at least seven editions of D&D (by my way of counting) and so many great non-D&D-like systems, I don’t think the odds are good for the “D&D-like” category.

Scribble

First Post
Most likely 4e...

It's fun, and we just started playing, and the end of 2008 isn;t tht far away...

Aside from that, I do have a wedding coming up, so who knows how busy I will be.

Belen

Adventurer
D&D3.5, Star Wars Saga, Mutants and Masterminds....we'll probably move to Pathfinder next year. None of my groups is moving to 4e.

Jadeite

Open Gaming Enthusiast
Pathfinder RPG and/or nWoD. 4E for one shots. Maybe Midgard or DSA, or some other RPG. But for GMing, I will mostly chose Pathfinder and Mage.

Remove ads