Warlords & nagging your team to victory!

Vaslov

Explorer
Last night I tried out 4th Ed. for the first time with some friends. I tried my hand at a Tactical Warlord. Between various across various class features and feat powers I ended up with 3 passive powers. In brief other players had bonuses to initiative, attack and damage just because I was around.

We only muddled our way through one fight with some shifty little kolbalds learning the game mechanics, etc.
The challenge I had was how do I keep them aware of these powers without repeating myself over and over all night. I ended up listing the powers and conditions on a small white board near the game table. This seemed to work fairly well.

For those in groups with warlords how have you managed this?

Vaslov the Odiferous

legionnaired

First Post
Last night I tried out 4th Ed. for the first time with some friends. I tried my hand at a Tactical Warlord. Between various across various class features and feat powers I ended up with 3 passive powers. In brief other players had bonuses to initiative, attack and damage just because I was around.

We only muddled our way through one fight with some shifty little kolbalds learning the game mechanics, etc.
The challenge I had was how do I keep them aware of these powers without repeating myself over and over all night. I ended up listing the powers and conditions on a small white board near the game table. This seemed to work fairly well.

For those in groups with warlords how have you managed this?

Vaslov the Odiferous

How did you manage to get passive bonuses to attack? Those seem pretty hard to come by.

Is_907

First Post
Our Warlord does a constant +2 to Init and we get +2 to attack when we burn an action point because of him. (Nice for our Human Wizard who has Action Surge on top of that...)

Anyway, I keep track of my passive bonuses from other players and from my powers (Villain's Menace, Fighter 1 Daily, etc) on an extra index card which stays on my table above all my power cards.

Vaslov

Explorer
How did you manage to get passive bonuses to attack? Those seem pretty hard to come by.

Well, passive for me. There was a bonus to hit and one to damage that they had to spend AP's for. The only truly passive one is the init bonus

Vaslov the Odiferous

Edit: Still, didn't want to interrupt them during every decision with a "Psst. Hey buddy. For just one AP you know you can..."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases