Artificer Up (Playtest Version, not Final)

chaotix42

First Post
Oh snap! Another leader, and it looks like fun. : )

And I must say, I love the implications of the "What's a Playtest Article" sidebar. While people won't be able to go over everything the final Artificer has to offer this is an opportunity to catch any bugs!

*EDIT* Speaking of which, page 1 states orbs are an artificer implement yet on page 3 under Implements and Weapons there is no mention of orbs. Off to e-mail.

Last edited:

Incenjucar

Legend
This also has positive indications for those interesting in playing some kind of battle alchemist.

Say your alchemical solutions are so volatile they can only be put together by you at the last moment without blowing yourself up...

parcival42

First Post
They also say its ready to play from level 1 to 30, but you'll have to multiclass to do that since there's no Paragon Path. Perhaps they'll add one very soon...?

drothgery

First Post
They also say its ready to play from level 1 to 30, but you'll have to multiclass to do that since there's no Paragon Path. Perhaps they'll add one very soon...?

You'll also have to multiclass or forgo a racial benefit if you want to play one as a human; they only show two at-will powers.

Goumindong

First Post
Artificer does not mesh well with archmage it looks like. Heroes Elixer as an Encounter power is better than pretty much any cleric healing could ever be(all the time), just spend an hour preparing them each day and take durability/dwarven durability

Lightning Matrix is pretty nasty. Auto-daze for any enemy that starts its turn next to the Artificer..

A lot of the rest of it looks really tame though, lots of low quality control and not many bonuses for friendlies or significant penalties for enemies.

DemonLord57

First Post
Whoa, does anyone else think that they made a mistake with the healing from Grave-Dust Cloud (Encounter 27)? It gives a massive amount of healing if there are a decent number of enemies in the 7x7 area...

Also, Four-Winds Bag (Utility 22) looks quite nice. A per-encounter complete re-arrange of allies' positions. Healing Figurine (Utility 10) should be combined with Repair Object to get 3 healing surges worth of healing from one.

When do effects that happen on attacks occur? Sigils of Shadow Tendrils (29 daily) is a huge buff if it happens before the attack is rolled.

I very much like how Aggrivating Force doesn't require you to define which ally gets the bonus, that was one of the more fiddly parts of Lance of Faith to me. I also like how they've started putting the effect before the hit/miss.

More of a "the designers are still learning" than anything specific to the class though.

Remove ads