Experience Generator for Excel

Aluvial

Explorer
I have a modified experience generator that works on excel for this. It supports up to 12 PC's, and uses Fleshed out experience charts for encounters that are more or less than 8 levels of the character (i.e., if you are level 9 you can still get a little experience for a 1st level CR). You can set an encounter so that you receive a percentage of the experience earned or you can set the table so that the percentage happens all of the time. I regularly give only 90% of the experience in my campaign. It also comes with a report page that you can hand out to your players describing their various awards.

I only bring this up because of the lack of good xp generators out there. Unfortunately, I have modified the sheet from an earlier version someone else produced. I have tried to contact this individual many times so that I may let out the improved version, but I'm afraid I've never heard a response back. I would feel negligent if I didn't ever hear back a response for approval and I released it anyway.

What do you guys think about this? Should I let this sheet out for use by others without hearing permission?

Aluvial

Fast Learner

First Post
If it was mine (XP Calc), feel free to distribute it. I've neglected to check my Yahoo mail for a very long time (sorry), so you may have asked me there.

I'm working on a VB version that will store xp for the various party members, etc., and is more fully fleshed out, but it will probably be a while. I'd certainly welcome a modified version of the spreadsheet out in the community.

(My old one could be found at http://www.eigi.com/xpcalc/ if you want to verify we're talking about the same thing.)

Matthew

Aluvial

Explorer
Exaclty! I have tried to reach you there. I want to send it to you to look at before I do so though. What do you say?

Aluvial

Fast Learner

First Post
Send it to my Yahoo address and I'll be happy to take a look (you may have already, but it would be tough to find amongst several months of spam :) ). If you just drop in a credit for me somewhere, you're welcome to distribute it without me seeing it. :)

Aluvial

Explorer
Great, thanks. I'm sure a lot of folks are going to like it.

I changed it for personal use, and really didn't think about redistributing until I saw the one on the home page here.

Anyway when I change the instructions, they are a little different, I'll send you a copy.

Aluvial

Remove ads