D&D 4E Old School dungeon crawl w/ 4e -anyone doing it

kobold

First Post
My son and I got to play a little 1st edition dungeon crawl at Gen Con this year- it was awesome. It got me in the mood for a big ol' multi level dungeon of doom. my initial reaction is to go 1st edition or C&C, but I was wondering if 4e can do it well enough and if others are doing it, and how their experiences with it are going.
Thanks,
Andy

Tony Vargas

Legend
KotS prettymuch is an old school dungeon crawl. Monsters in every room with treasure & magic items they don't use and little rhyme or reason to thier being there, traps in heavily trafficked areas, etc. The first few kobold encounters and the town aren't that way, they're fairly modern, but once you get to the ruined keep, it's a classic dungeon crawl.

jeffh

Adventurer
Some of the biggest changes (healing surges, encounter powers) are designed specifically to make that style of play work better than in previous editions.

So that would be a yes, then. :)

grickherder

First Post
I'm doing it for one of the games I run as well (the players specifically asked for it). My goal is to have them face every monster in the monster manual. 470 to go!

Remove ads