Trailblazer Teasers (collected)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
NP-- for the record, this is not the teaser preview I promised. This is just me collecting a few things together in one place to get that together.

What I can't easily show in ENworld teasers are a lot of the changes that we have made that involve more math-- not hard math, but lots of tables and proofs.

I have realized through this process, however, that we are a lot closer to finished than we thought!

Fenris

Adventurer
Ok Wulf,
I have been following the Trialblazer project for a while now, but no very well.

And I seem to be lost. How would you characterize Trailblazer? What will it be?

It is a set of options for Pathfinder? Fixing the things from 3.5 that should be fixed and aren't? Or is it a whole new system?

What ever it is I know you will put out a great prouct and I will buy it, but I would liek to have a better idea of what it is since I am out of the loop.

So give me a three or four sentance product preview for Trailblazer, such as we wil find on RPGNow or Amazon or whereever it will be sold if you could please.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Ok Wulf,

How would you characterize Trailblazer? What will it be?

Fixing the things from 3.5 that should be fixed and aren't?

This.

Hopefully, no more and no less.

For a very good breakdown of the kinds of things we're tackling, look here.

That's not a complete list, but it certainly informed our direction from the outset.

My home playtest is going well-- perhaps too well! My group of 6 PCs is currently punching way above their weight class.

Six 5th level PCs vs. 4 troll minions, 2 hill giants, and 1 hill giant elite boss. Very touch and go, very swingy, lots of action points burned, four PCs down at one point-- but they pulled through.

I like being able to pound away on them with big, climactic fights but it won't do anybody any good if I can't bottle this lightning for everyone else!

Fenris

Adventurer
This.

Hopefully, no more and no less.

For a very good breakdown of the kinds of things we're tackling, look here.

That's not a complete list, but it certainly informed our direction from the outset.

My home playtest is going well-- perhaps too well! My group of 6 PCs is currently punching way above their weight class.

Six 5th level PCs vs. 4 troll minions, 2 hill giants, and 1 hill giant elite boss. Very touch and go, very swingy, lots of action points burned, four PCs down at one point-- but they pulled through.

I like being able to pound away on them with big, climactic fights but it won't do anybody any good if I can't bottle this lightning for everyone else!

Yeah, Glassjaw said you were really playing aroud with action points, new and expanded uses of those was the secret ingrediant to the play style you wanted.

So this will be a set of rules to change 3.5 into what it should have been. 3.75 if you will. Whereas Pathfinder is going way above and beyond that.

I would use this with a 3.5 game in other words.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Yeah, Glassjaw said you were really playing aroud with action points, new and expanded uses of those was the secret ingrediant to the play style you wanted.

Action Points are essential to many of the fixes 3e needs. The specific function of the APs isn't important-- the function varies, according to need, but the common purpose is to provide a resource other than hit points that the DM can attrit.

Playing a high-level game without Action Points is like playing a low-level game without hit points: Imagine a game where one hit from a weapon kills you. Action Points help bridge the gap between the low-level "sweet spot" game where the tension builds as hit points dwindle away, to a high-level game where the tension builds as Action Points dwindle away.

So this will be a set of rules to change 3.5 into what it should have been. 3.75 if you will. Whereas Pathfinder is going way above and beyond that.

I would use this with a 3.5 game in other words.

And certainly with Pathfinder resources as well.

Fenris

Adventurer
Well then move me from the "I'll buy this because BAG always makes cool stuff" to the "I can't wait for this to come out" column ;)

Sounds very very cool. I look forward to reading the teasers and seeing the product

kikai

Explorer
I really like the preview - when can we expect the final product? I'm really looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases