[Trailer] GI Joe: Rise of Cobra

I know nothing about GI Joe (well, it's apparently a toy line), but Ecclestone alone makes me consider watching it...

(I so wish he had done more then one season of Doctor Who - nothing against David Tennant, who is also great. ;) )

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
That everybody look like Snake-Eye's students. The only thing colorful is Scarlett's red hair.

It's gonna take a while to get used to this live-action version.
True. The uniforms don't make me happy.

I'm hoping that at some point in the movie, Destro puts on his mask. And we already know that Cobra Commander is in the movie although I'm not sure if the actor they chose can pull it off.

I'm also glad that the movie makers ditched the whole UN team and went back to G.I. Joe being an American-based team with members from various backgrounds.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Seeing as Larry "Mr. GI Joe" Hama had a pretty big role as consultant on this one, I am hopeful it will turn out well.

A little too much CGI for my tastes, though. I suppose its cheaper these days than, say, actually using stunt people, but does it really have to be so over the top? Can't you just use it to make believable action sequences?

Plus, it's got a Wayans in it, which is usually not a good sign.

Last edited:

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
Can't stand the change to everyone wearing black and having the vehicles painted black and stealthy.

Thats just not how I picture GI Joe.

Granted you don't have to have Shipwreck come out in his 1940s style navy suit with a parrot on his shoulder, but a modern version of their old character style would be MUCH preferred.

I will file this under....watch when it comes to Netflix.

DS

Remove ads