Forked Thread: Proposal: Minotaur Race from Dragon

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
This is in reply to renau1g; since it's kind of long and off-topic, I'm gonna plunk it in an sblock so it doesn't take up so much space ;)
[sblock=OT]
P.S. Lord S. - Did you use some DM Fiat to take down that half-giant? I've only ever had that happen once where a new player came in and I didn't review his sheet prior to the game. I forget the exact build, but it was obviously super-min-maxed, while the others were pretty normal builds. (he had nearly every sourcebook available to him) and he proceeded to lord over them with his greatness and would rub in their faces how he didn't need them. He had an unfortunate end when he ran into a trio of disintegrate toting wizards, plus some 9 rogue/1 sorcerors, armed with wands of Magic Missile (lvl 9). He wasn't invited back.
Haha, it wasn't that bad. He was a new player to the game, and I think I probably suggested the possibility to him. I was running Expedition to Castle Ravenloft, and it was turning in to a pretty severe meat grinder (I think that was his ... 3rd, or possibly 4th character in the adventure). I told them it was a bit much, and that he could keep his character as-was (they needed all the help they could get), but for any further characters it wasn't going to fly.

He certainly wasn't as broken as the warlock, though. At-will invisibility, flight, entropic shield, and 3d6+X ranged touch attacks. I think he missed once. Until Strahd grappled him ... and turned him into a vampire. Boy did they enjoy his comeback :devil: (That was one nice thing about EtCR - even broken characters could get hammered in the serious fights, haha.)

It really wasn't his fault, he wasn't trying to abuse the rules. He just wanted a BIG sword ;) He got pretty attached to that Huge bastard sword - it made his first effective character in the campaign. She did die though. Can't remember how, but since it was EtCR, it was probably brutal, fast, and horrible. ;) At least they learned how to run in that campaign, heh.[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
*Sigh* yes, I suppose we really should deal with this one. It's been hanging around far too long.

Thing is ... I'm still not sure what I want to vote. :-S

Dunamin

First Post
Yeah, I can't make up my mind either.

On one hand, I haven't seen any problems with minotaurs as is. The minotaur PCs don't seem to unbalance their games, and the minotaur players appear to be pleased with their characters.

On the other hand, Oversized has definitely been removed from WotC player design basis. It would be nice to be able to create minotaurs with the Character Builder without needing to keep track of the discrepancies.

Without any strong leanings one way or another, I'm inclined to leave things as is for now.

Remove ads