Exposed

Stars:Greg Grunberg (Matt Parkman)
Hayden Panettiere (Claire Bennet)
Milo Ventimiglia (Peter Petrelli)
Zachary Quinto (Gabriel Gray/Sylar)
Cristine Rose (Angela Petrelli)

Recurring Role:Zeljko Ivanek (Danko)
Brea Grant (Daphne Millbrook)

Guest Star:Justin Baldoni (Alex Woolsey)
Dan Byrd (Luke Campbell)

After a tip from "Rebel", Matt and Peter hurry to rescue Daphne and find evidence that may expose the government's plans to capture those with powers. Sylar uncovers the truth about his mother from past memories on his father, while the Hunter hatches an explosive plan of his own.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Am I the only one who thinks that Syler's father looked like
Eric Roberts in profile?

Felon

First Post
Oh, was there already a thread for this episode? Guess I missed it.

Anyway, like I said before, Micah is the obvious bet for Rebel. There's also that "Wireless" check that showed up in one episode back in...season one, was it? Do we have any other strong contenders?

Steel_Wind

Legend
Am I the only one who thinks that Syler's father looked like
Eric Roberts in profile?

Not Eric Roberts. John Glover has been cast as "Samson Gray", Sylar's father.

samson-gray-300x224.jpg

My guess is that like his son, Samson Gray had "the hunger"; with the same consequences as Sylar.

He got the boy away from him as he was afraid he would kill him.

And I suspect will find out that the woman Samson killed was not Sylar's real mother.

LightPhoenix

First Post
Anyway, like I said before, Micah is the obvious bet for Rebel. There's also that "Wireless" check that showed up in one episode back in...season one, was it? Do we have any other strong contenders?

I'm sure it's Micah at this point, and that Angela has him and is directing him. If she doesn't physically have him, she has him by proxy; ie, the Haitian is with him (and hopefully Monica).

I thought this was an okay episode, but not great.

I never thought Sylar could be so boring, but even ZQ couldn't make those scenes any more interesting. Also, please let this be the end of the sidekick. At first it wasn't too bad, but not it's readily apparent he's just there so Sylar isn't talking to himself. Sadly, the latter might be more interesting. In all honesty though, I think Sylar's trip here might be more interesting if it was a single episode, instead of spread out.

Also amazing this week was a storyline involving Claire I didn't hate. Shock and wonder! I think I could stand Claire a little bit more if she was written more like she was tonight - less petulent and bitchy more snarky and thoughtful. It helps that Ashley Crow is awesome, and had some decent stuff to work with. Still, that underwater kiss scene was not only predictable (before I saw the pool even) but barf-worthy.

Oh, and poor Lyle. We still remember you every episode, even if the writers don't.

I'm just waiting for the day when HRG or the hunter guy bags Nathan and makes the bad-guy side of this story more than Nathan's "angsty" back and forth. Snore.

Matt and Peter were pretty awesome in general. While it seems like a retcon that Matt has a weakness, it's good that it's in place. I'm also glad we got to the bomb so quickly.

There was one logical gaffe though - why wouldn't Matt and Peter just have the soldiers start killing people? Yes, yes, I know, Peter at least is a hero, and Matt's a good person. However, these people are trying to kill you. For that matter, why didn't Matt juat mind-futz the hunter guy?

So two boring storylines, one good one, and a pleasant surprise in Claire's scene being good makes this fall square at okay. At least Hiro wasn't in it.

Steel_Wind

Legend
Not really sure on this episode. A few things seem to be clarified though...

Peter can now choose to absorb the power or not - and yes - it works through clothes.

Rebel seems to be narrowed down to Micah, Wireless, or someone like them. Giving the effortless hacking involved, more likey Micah than Wireless.

Lyle had a scene. He almost had as much screen time as Mr. Muggles.

Mom was going for the gun. At least we know it's there to use against the Puppet Master. (Didn't Sylar kill him at Company Headquarters last volume?)

(I still think Angela is the one feeding "Rebel" with his assignments. Sending him to Claire is exactly the kind of thing Angela would do. He's a very useful badguy.)

Parkman is in quite a pickle, isn't he? All things being equal, the bad guy running the Hunters is now more a liability alive than the bad emo earned by killing him. Time to off the guy. They'll set Peter up to do it, then Nathan will be the guy who pulls the trigger in the end.

Peter is almost no longer stupid. Yay.

Claire and Aquaboy. It's amusing how the explanation that she was hiding him in her room to have sex was unbelievable, while the confession he's another boy with super powers is accepted with a nod and a "I'm very disappointed in you" talking-to. Indeed, the irony could not be lost, given the writers serving it up with all the subtelty of a cast iron skillet cocked up half-way-to-Jesus before it smashes into the viewer's face. **TONG**

Just too much of a holding pattern there though. They have got to let Claire go and get out of there.

Sylar and emoboy is just one big exposition scene. Worse, emoboy is starting to annoy me. I was disappoionted when Sylar didn't kill him and get it over with. I agree. I think it would be more interesting to just have Sylar start talking to himself with a twitch.

Better still, maybe if he picked up a "haunted by the dead" commune power he couldn't completely control and had a ghostly Elle in his head a la Baltar...that might work a whole lot better :)

Last edited:

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
Not a bad episode, I guess.

I think the idea that Ma Patrelli is working with Micah and possibly Molly to direct people is pretty neat. I'd like to see more of the Hatian, as I really liked his character.

Speaking of characters, Parkman's player should have bought more ranks in Concentration. I don't recall distractions being an issue for him before, though.

The Sylar Road Trip Experience is suffering the same problems as Hiro in Medieval Japan did. If they don't tie it in to the main story soon, it's going to seem even more an afterthought and a distraction.

Saw the kiss a mile away, but at least he's out of the picture. I thought the creepy puppet guy was killed. It's going to be an awkward conversation over microwaved popcorn, that's for sure.

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
Giving the effortless hacking involved, more likey Micah than Wireless.

Since Wireless is herself a part of the World Wide Web, I don't see how that follows. She was always able to effortlessly hack into computers. That was her thing. I'm far less convinced its Micah. My guess is that it's Hannah Getelman working with HRG and Ma Patrelli, but with those two involved, why send the Puppetmaster to Claire? Maybe it has somethign to do with what Ma P. whispered to Nathan.

Remove ads