Sitcoms

Amellia

First Post
I'm a sitcom fan, and I was seeing a trailer for a new sitcom coming out (Roommates) and it made me realize that we haven't had any really GOOD new sitcoms premiere in the past year or two... I have high hopes for Roommates, though.

Any other sitcom fans here?

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
The Office is still going strong and Scrubs hasn't lost all of the magic yet. How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory are two others I find enjoyable.

Lhorgrim

Explorer
I don't know if I qualify as a sitcom fan across the board, but there are a couple that I really like.

I'm a big fan of "How I met Your Mother" and "The Big Bang Theory". I DVR those every monday night.

I really don't like "reality" shows of any stripe, and cop dramas are too much like my real life for me to enjoy watching them.

I hope we do get some good new sitcoms this season. They are anice escape when I'm feeling overwhelmed by real life.

Crothian

First Post
I think Sitcoms have been pretty crappy for the most part for the past decade. The only ones I watch these days are How I met Your Mother and Scrubs. And even those are rarely as good the Sitcoms from the 80's and 90's.

Amellia

First Post
I don't know if I qualify as a sitcom fan across the board, but there are a couple that I really like.

I'm a big fan of "How I met Your Mother" and "The Big Bang Theory". I DVR those every monday night.

I really don't like "reality" shows of any stripe, and cop dramas are too much like my real life for me to enjoy watching them.

I hope we do get some good new sitcoms this season. They are anice escape when I'm feeling overwhelmed by real life.

Yeah, I love How I Met Your Mother. Barney Stinson = Legend (wait for it) DARY.

Mostly I'm like you, hoping we get new ones this season that are good.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxGg4Cr_ADY]YouTube - "Roommates" - New Comedy on ABC Family[/ame]

The blond guy looked familiar and turns out I recognize him from a brief show called the Mountain. Looks pretty funny, I think?

Ranger REG

Explorer
I'm a sitcom fan, and I was seeing a trailer for a new sitcom coming out (Roommates) and it made me realize that we haven't had any really GOOD new sitcoms premiere in the past year or two... I have high hopes for Roommates, though.

Any other sitcom fans here?
I'm a Guidie. :cool:

Krug

Newshound
I think the humour has changed. Sometimes I find the awkward 'don't know you're a doofus' humour of The Office uncomfortable to watch.

I'm quite enjoying Flight of the Conchords, though the silly song segments do help.

Rackhir

Explorer
If you get IFC (Independent Film Channel) there's the IT Crowd. About the trials and travails of the IT people at a company. It has enshrined "Did you turn it off and on again." as the first law of tech support at my company.

If you have never seen "Coupling" it's one of the funniest shows ever. It seem to run on a lot of PBS stations and it's on DVD.

"Burn Notice" on USA is very, very funny, though it is an action show where he's typically fighting some sort of criminals. Everyone I've shown it to has LOVED it. The first season is on DVD, the second has just wrapped up and there are repeats currently running. Season 3 is due this summer, June IIRC.

"Dead like Me", is a showtime series from a couple of years ago. It's about grim reapers who are charged with taking the souls of those who are about to die. There was a recent movie. First couple of episodes kind of suck as the main character does a LOT of whining, but improves dramatically after that. The two seasons are out on DVD and there was a movie that was released a few weeks ago.

Orius

Legend
Sometimes sitcoms are funny, but others seem to just recycle the same tired jokes over and over. Even when a sitcom is amusing, sometimes it's only funny once; the humor isn't as strong when you know what's coming.

I've been more or less losing interest in TV in general over the last 10 years or so. I prefer more interactive entertainment, and TV is just too passive. Even the sci-fi/fantasy shows that I tend to prefer; they're getting to the point where they feel like they're recycling too.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I'm quite enjoying Flight of the Conchords, though the silly song segments do help.

The songs are really the only part of the show I do like, actually...

Anyway, I'll echo How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, and Scrubs. They're the only three Sitcoms I'm watching. I enjoy them, though Big Bang is sort of slipping a little for me.

Remove ads