Please recommend some desert adventures

Gallo22

First Post
I'm planning on running a desert themed campaign and would appreaciate any suggestions for desert or similar adventures. Any of the D&D versions are fine, I can always convert to my tastes. Thanks.

If you want Egyptian style desert adventures, Paizo's pathfinder modules J1 Entombed with the Pharaohs, and J4 Pact Stone Pyramid are excellent.

For a more Arabian Nights feel, the latest adventure path, Legacy of Fire, might be suitable (although they have only published the first 2 of the 6 parts yet).

howandwhy99

Adventurer
I'd recommend B4 The Lost City. I'm not a fan of the Pharoah/Oasis/Tomb series.

You stole my answer!

But I like I4-I6 too with a DM who knows how to redesign them into workable modules.

It's hard to understand what Mr. OP is asking for. Are you talking about a desert-based environment specifically affecting the strategies of the NPCs? Perhaps you could tell us what counts and isn't just another underground dungeon in a desert?

I would think you could take any above ground adventure and place it into the desert with the appropriate modifications. B2 with lizardfolk of different species /varieties. I6 with the castle re-mapped as a Persian palace enshrouded by sandstorms and the barge and town people as nomads by an oasis.

It's much easier changing the environment than rewriting an entire adventure.

Gallo22

First Post
You stole my answer!

But I like I4-I6 too with a DM who knows how to redesign them into workable modules.

It's hard to understand what Mr. OP is asking for. Are you talking about a desert-based environment specifically affecting the strategies of the NPCs? Perhaps you could tell us what counts and isn't just another underground dungeon in a desert?

I would think you could take any above ground adventure and place it into the desert with the appropriate modifications. B2 with lizardfolk of different species /varieties. I6 with the castle re-mapped as a Persian palace enshrouded by sandstorms and the barge and town people as nomads by an oasis.

It's much easier changing the environment than rewriting an entire adventure.

Good question. What I'm really trying to accomplish is using the 3.0 Sandstorm book. I've had the book for awhile and I really want to get some use out of it, having the players focus on a desert environment using related spells, feats, etc. I do not really need a setting. I'll probably base it on the Bright Desert in Greyhawk. I've got some good info on the area from the Living Greyhawk days (old Dungeon mag).

I guess I'm mainly looking for a handful of adventures with an Arabian/Egypt feel (but not too much, I want fantasy, not history) that I can use to take the character from 1st level up and also incorporate some meta gaming in between to give them a feeling of belonging to the area and actually having influence with the actions they take.

S'mon

Legend
You stole my answer!

Yes. When I played I4-I5 (3.5 Al Qadim conversion), the most fun stuff was when we weren't in the dungeons. The dungeons were a horrid slog in her 3.5e conversion, and she told us she'd cut out large chunks.

It felt like a railroad, and rather tedious. There was a cool battle in a desert city right at the start, robed attackers leaping from rooftop to rooftop, but that was entirely her own work.

Remove ads