WFRP2e Rules Question. Brass Knuckles "Armed" or "Unarmed" attacks?

YourSwordIsMine

First Post
I have a player in an upcoming WFRP2e game who is playing a Bodyguard. He wants to be a pugilist/boxer using two brass knuckles. The question is this. Do attacks from Brass Knuckles/Knuckle dusters/cestus count as "Armed" or "Unarmed" attacks? Do the Unarmed drawbacks (SB-4 dmg with Armor counting double, and unable to parry) still be a factor? Would the bonuses from Street Fighting talent apply to these types of weapons?

I think that brass knuckles would be covered by the knuckle-duster, which is considered a weapon and doesn't suffer the drawbacks of being unarmed.

Going by a strict reading of Street Fighting, you couldn't combine it with the brass knucks, but I don't see too much harm in allowing it as a house-rule, especially given the low damage output compared to the basic hand weapon.

Not sure about being able to parry with them. I guess technically it'd be a weapon, but it's a stretch.

ArghMark

First Post
I'd agree with a houserule to allow it.

I wouldn't worry about the 'parry' imagery. Instead of parrying the weapon, its evasions, brief holding of the arm and so on. I'd also suggest he make himself familiar with the grappling stuff.

The guy is already going to be a little disadvantaged, game wise. Why make it worse? I support him having a flavorful character; why discourage it with penalties?

frankthedm

First Post
Donovan Morningfire said:
Going by a strict reading of Street Fighting, you couldn't combine it with the brass knucks, but I don't see too much harm in allowing it as a house-rule, especially given the low damage output compared to the basic hand weapon
Yeah I allow the damage bonus of Street Fighting to work with brass knuckles. Also I did not double the armor points against brass knuckles.

Last edited:

YourSwordIsMine

First Post
Thanks, thats pretty much what I was going to do.

This character, started out as a simple bodyguard but has some how morphed into an amalgamation of B.A. Baracus and Clubber Lang...

Mr T is in my WFRP game? errr? Still, with the player playing it, it should be a fun ride!

YourSwordIsMine

First Post
Yeah, the Mr T thing is pretty cool now. Back story is he was a slave in Araby who made his way to Marianburg as a teen. Made a name for himself streetfighting and found employ as a Bouncer in some of the seedier dockside taverns. Started doing bodyguard work and ended up in Altdorf. Is now currently employed by another PCs father (a noble) to keep his son safe who is now a captain in the Altdorf City Watch.

Its gonna rock. The Player playing Bosco Lang is already talkin like Mr T and is keeping me in stitches everytime we talk. I cant wait for game day!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases