OT: Help me remember this Boardgame

Galloglaich

First Post
We used to play a lot of board games a few years back but they all got wiped out when my house got flooded in Katrina, and more problematically, my buddy who was kind of the "maestro de boardgames" moved to another State and is kind of out of touch now. Now it's up to me to find some of those games which we liked and figure out how the play them again. Gradually I've been doing that, but some of these are hard to find.

So this one game was kind of a combat arena of characters from different time eras ranging from prehistoric times to the future. You had cards for each character, and each player would get 3 or 4 characters. For example you might have Geronimo, Annie Oakeley, (a thinly disguised) James Bond, Sir Galahad, and some guy named Grok who was a mutant from the future. Each character had different skills and strengths and weaknesses. Your moved these little chits around a map trying to avoid the other players, and tried to make it to these towers, where you could get a skill test. This was another card with a funny description of having to fight some creature or perform some kind of dangerous feat. If you failed, you could be injured or teleoprted somehwere, if you passed the test you could gain artefacts, like a rifle, a knife, some body armor, or a force field.

The characters would kind of hunt each other and try to prevent their rivals from collecting points from all the towers or something like that.

I was looking on boardgamegeek and a bunch of other sites but I couldn't find it. I thought it was called "Wheel of Time" but that is apparently something totally different.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

G

Remove ads