(Pre-Proposal) Arcane Power

elecgraystone

First Post
Wow, I guess quite a few people actually look over the Epic Destinies. I know that I'm most likely never play a high enough game to play Epic or it'll be a 'one shot' adventure. I'm curious, are you guys reading them because you plan to use them at some point or are you just reading everything in the book?

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
A bit of both. I never actually expect to play a game that gets to that level, but I enjoy theorizing about which path I would take if one of my characters did manage to get there.

CaBaNa

First Post
The Familiars are under par. With the Dragon expansion they are still less than the best. I hope they will be expanded.

On the other hand the arcane feats are great. I may just wait until this book is approved before submitting a second character.:-S More waiting...

In defense of the Epic level paths, when I make a wizard, they are going Archlich. I LOVE this option.

After the Paragon Paths in this book I'm torn about which my wizard will take. I still really like Divine Oracle, but Unseen Mage, and Arcane Wayfarer really tempt me.

For the Orb of Deception, I'm still confused, would I leave Grasping Shadows in the area affected in the second attack as well as the first, do to it's being an effect?

elecgraystone

First Post
Well that's a pretty easy one CaBaNa. Reading the spell Grasping Shadows, it states that 'The burst creates a zone' Since the extra target granted CAN'T be in the burst {IE: can't by an initial target} it wouldn't have a zone with it.

As far as the new stuff, A gnome illusionist looks pretty sweet. I WAS thinking of some of the new stuff from PHB2 for my 2nd character but I have to add this to my list. :)

Familiars are so so. Interesting but not 'I just have to have' feats.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases