Fall TV Cheat Sheet, Renewals and Cancelations...

BrooklynKnight

First Post
The whole list of whats coming and going is here Fall TV cheat sheet: What's in? What's out? | | Ausiello Files | EW.com and here Michael Ausiello (EWAusielloFiles) on Twitter

I'm officially bummed that we're loosing Reaper. It's got real charm.
I'm also bummed about Knight Rider. Yes I know it started bad but the last few episodes took in a better direction and If it was given another season I think it could turn it around.
Yay for Scrubs! I'm not sure how good it's gonna be after that sweet ending they gave it though.

Orius

Legend
I think it is better described as Fox: The station that gives Sci Fi a chance. It isn't like the other big three have sci fi shows at all.

I think it's best described as Fox: the station that gives Sci-Fi a chance in the most half-assed bassackward method imaginable and then wonders why it fails. Or see also: Firefly.

The other three: Why bother producing Sci-Fi at all when we can crank out half a dozen crappy "reality" shows for the same price?

Silversun

Banned
Banned
I read somewhere on IMDB that Knight Rider might have a second chance with SyFy.

God willing, Terminator will be picked up by SyFy too.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I'm sorry to see Terminator go, especially after that ending...

As for Fox- since they first hit the air in 1986, they really are the only one of the "Big 4" networks to actually give sci-fi/fantasy a chance at more than one show per year.

Terminator, X-Files, Stargate shows, Millennium, Firefly, VR5, Sliders, Space: Above & Beyond, M.A.N.T.I.S., Fringe, Tru Calling, Dark Angel, Alien Nation, Harsh Realm- I'm sure there are more- are all of varying quality and duration, but all given a chance by Fox.

The quality of that chance is debatable, but at least they made it to the boob tube.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
I'm sorry to see Terminator go, especially after that ending...

As for Fox- since they first hit the air in 1986, they really are the only one of the "Big 4" networks to actually give sci-fi/fantasy a chance at more than one show per year.

Terminator, X-Files, Stargate shows, Millennium, Firefly, VR5, Sliders, Space: Above & Beyond, M.A.N.T.I.S., Fringe, Tru Calling, Dark Angel, Alien Nation, Harsh Realm- I'm sure there are more- are all of varying quality and duration, but all given a chance by Fox.

The quality of that chance is debatable, but at least they made it to the boob tube.

Uh. Stargate? You're mistaken there. Stargate was produced by and shown on Showtime for the first 5 seasons. When showtime cancelled it the Sci-Fi Channel (owned by NBC Universal). When you see Stargate on a Fox channel it's because your local tv station (which is a Fox affiliate) has picked up the episodes in Syndication.

In any case, yes, Fox has actually given many sci-fi shows a chance. But not as many as you may think. I'm not sure about all the other shows on your list admittedly.

Before UPN merged with WB to form CW it also had a decent list of SciFi shows under its belt.

Remove ads