Grim Tales PDF...

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I'll bump this with my own answer: I'd like to see a PDF of Grim Tales, but a PDF of its Open Game Content would be nice too (not as nice as the full book, but almost).

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
I'll bump this with my own answer: I'd like to see a PDF of Grim Tales, but a PDF of its Open Game Content would be nice too (not as nice as the full book, but almost).

A straight up "rip" PDF of Grim Tales isn't going to happen-- most of the copyrights to the interior artwork have reverted to the artists.

It's a pet peeve of mine that publishers buy out the copyrights. I believe-- and still do, despite it being inconvenient for me-- that artists should keep their copyrights.

I could certainly rip the text and make that available.

So second question:

1) Would you prefer a rip of the original Grim Tales text?

2) Would you prefer a rip of my (languishing) Grim Tales revision? The revision is sitting on my hard drive and includes some things that I developed in later years-- Mythic Heroes stuff, reworked skills, etc. But it's kind of spotty. It would take some work to release.

Hmm... The more I think about this the more I warm up to the idea of taking the Trailblazer scalpel to Grim Tales. I could release #1 quickly, and for free, and then work up a revised PDF...

It would really depend on interest-- and although I love all you niche fans dearly... Well, I am a lazy, lazy man after all.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
It's a pet peeve of mine that publishers buy out the copyrights. I believe-- and still do, despite it being inconvenient for me-- that artists should keep their copyrights.

A sentiment I agree with. Good form! :)

So second question:

1) Would you prefer a rip of the original Grim Tales text?

2) Would you prefer a rip of my (languishing) Grim Tales revision? The revision is sitting on my hard drive and includes some things that I developed in later years-- Mythic Heroes stuff, reworked skills, etc. But it's kind of spotty. It would take some work to release.

Definitely the latter - if a revision is possible, then I'd certainly prefer that. But from the sound of things...

Hmm... The more I think about this the more I warm up to the idea of taking the Trailblazer scalpel to Grim Tales. I could release #1 quickly, and for free, and then work up a revised PDF...

...both are possible!

It would really depend on interest-- and although I love all you niche fans dearly... Well, I am a lazy, lazy man after all.

It's all good. I was just wanted to express my support for the idea.

I'd dig seeing a revision as well.

I've got both the GT books and a couple of the pdfs as well; it'd be interesting to see what changes you've made (or would make) in light of the time that's passed, greater experience, and of course Trailblazer.

joela

First Post

THIS. *Hands Wulf a fresh scalpel while he tosses the old one, still caked with Glassjaw's blood from the battle of the bard, into the nearest zombie.*

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases