Vicious mockery houserule

eriktheguy

First Post
So if a player at my table hits with vicious mockery, AND comes up with I really good insult for the target, they score a critical. I don't really care if this rule is imbalanced, because everyone gets to have fun!

Dire Human

First Post
I, through my Tiefling Bard, once spent the better portion of 2 minutes cursing like a sailor at a giant stone chess rook that attacked our party as part of a (literal) set piece battle. After the stunned silence that resulted, I rolled the dice, and the 1d6 + Charisma psychic damage was enough to reduce it to 0. I swore at a giant stone castle, and it fell over.

That's right, Private Frost: I killed it with harsh language.

BobTheNob

First Post
So if a player at my table hits with vicious mockery, AND comes up with I really good insult for the target, they score a critical. I don't really care if this rule is imbalanced, because everyone gets to have fun!

Be careful if one of your players asks to play a monk. Follow this logic and your going to have to allow him and automatic critical for punching you!

keterys

First Post
If you did want to balance it out, just make a good one maximize the die, not actually critical. Ie, d6 or 2d6 to 6/12, but not +1-6d8 or whatever extra damage.

talm

First Post
Mockery - a really fun and useful power.

I play a Gnome bard and I found mockery excellent, especially against dudes with high AC but low will.
Breaking an armoured guy with insults instead of steel is real fun.:)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases