Questions about Ea / Letheon

ryryguy

First Post
I'm making a character from Ea with ties to the Letheon Liberation Front. There's a lot of material about the war going on there and the giths, but not so much about the humans and prior civilization. These are some of the things I am wondering:

1. Is there a real-world cultural analogue to Ea/Letheon, a la Valley of Bone and Mayans?
2. Is Allarian spoken in Letheon?
3. Do they worship the standard pantheon? (Perhaps under different names?)
4. What's the climate and terrain like?

Has anything been established about this, or has anyone given any thought to it? I'm happy to make some stuff up if not.

covaithe

Explorer
I'm hoping someone else can answer this, since I don't remember much about Ea. I'm also having trouble remembering who was involved in creating it. I suspect if you check over the character sheets for the gith characters, especially the older ones, their backgrounds will give you some clues, at least about who to ask.

ryryguy

First Post
Good idea, covaithe... I did look at a couple of gith sheets, but they didn't have too much info. Les, for example, is not even from there. But I didn't look at them all; I'll go back and look at the rest.

Also, the wiki mentions (IIRC) Dunamin as the original creator.

Have there been any adventures set there that anyone can recall?

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Nope. Most adventures have been in Daunton and surroundings. There's a complete list here - only 3 adventures have not been in Daunton or on the island!

The Captain's Caper: various nearby islands
Menace of the Icy Spire: a nameless nearby island
The Jade Frontier: the Jade Empire

covaithe

Explorer
Yeah, I do seem to remember Dunamin had a lot to do with creating it. He's on vacation for a few more days, I think.

You might also pester Phoenix8008. I remember he wanted his character Kama'zer to secretly be the Liberator, but we talked him out of it.

ryryguy

First Post
Well, Ea is a whole continent, so I guess there's room for plenty of different peoples and places there.

From what I can remember about other places, we don't really have an arctic/tundra style setting, nor a desert setting, do we?

As far as cultures go, not that a real-world analogue is required, but I kind of like the sort of instant fluency they can provide. For an arctic setting, Vikings might be a good choice. For desert, the obvious choice is Arabian, but there could be others - Saharan, maybe.

Anybody have a hankering for any of those (or something else)?

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
I remember Don Incognito brainstorming up an idea for a Viking-inspired arctic land that was plagued by war-crazed demons, as well as an Egyptian-themed desert kingdom. Can't remember much in the way of details, though, or where the posts would be.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
The vikings was regarding the bladelings, and I think the Egyptian kingdom might have been for devas and goliaths, so they'd probably in the Manual of the Planes and the Pre-proposal for PHB2.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
I've got a desert land coming as the homeland of my Psion, I just want to be the first character from there and after that it's open to anyone. Of course it'll be like October, so...

It's not Egyption though, it's decidedly persian in nature and so surely there is room for both.

Remove ads