Attn: DMs with iPhones/iPod Touch - Need help and feedback.

More thoughts!

1. The "next" and the "roll for everyone" buttons are rather close to each other. I think that keeping them further apart would be for the best. For me, having the "next" button right in the middle of the bottom bar would make the most sense.

2. Still need to figure out a way to save multiple encounters.

3. Would love to see initiative values change as you drag them around in a list.

4. Blue start of round indicator for someone when NOT having the program roll initiative for you would be great. This would be solved by addressing point 3.

5. Maybe have a toggle or option that allows users to either let the program automatically roll for you, (with options to edit individual results--basically the program as it stands now) or one that forgoes any automation of the initiative rolling process and purely is an easily draggable list of initiatives.

6. A "hold" or "delay" icon on each player's or monster's name could be handy--sending them off to a separate part of the screen, or just removing them from the sorting.

Don't know how much, or any of this can be coded, but those are my thoughts.

The programs come a long way, so thanks for being so proactive about getting feedback from your customers! I can't say I'd *quite* recommend the app as a huge timesaver just yet, but a few more improvements and it'll be ready.

balth

First Post
Ok. A quick update.

2.0 should enter the testing stages in approximately 2 weeks. Savable party members, loadable encounters, a fixed drag-and-drop system and the fix for the bug for iPod touches requiring a microphone will be in this version. Also, maps and character tokens, if all goes according to plan, as well as a redesign of the UI.

Mark

Ok. A quick update.

2.0 should enter the testing stages in approximately 2 weeks. Savable party members, loadable encounters, a fixed drag-and-drop system and the fix for the bug for iPod touches requiring a microphone will be in this version. Also, maps and character tokens, if all goes according to plan, as well as a redesign of the UI.

Mark

Any word on version 2.0?

balth

First Post
Yes, as a matter of fact!

We went back to square one,, and are rebuilding the app so that future updates won't require any changes to the filestructure. We're putting a lot of groundwork in this version for broader-scheme items in the pipeline for future releases. What does that mean?

It means you'll have savable parties, savable encounters and savable adventures. Not only that, but you'll be able to assign pictures for entries for monsters or pcs. ...and we're working on a map. And we're working on sharing it to other init users. The goal is to have one phone in DM mode, and the others in player mode. Shared map, tokens, and it pulls the initiative list and pics/map from the DM's phone.

This won't all be available at launch in 2.0, but that's what we're working on... the groundwork for all these things. I spoke with my programmer yesterday, and we're on track for a Christmas or New Year's submission (hopefully). As with all things code related, snags can mean hangups, so that's a guestimate, please take it as such.

But I'm pretty excited, we'll be having dlc of more popular adventures so you don't have to spend all the time to enter them yourselves. Or you can do exactly that, and have multiple adventures with multiple encounters containing multiple creatures.

Thanks for hanging in there, Trevalon :)

Mark

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases