Craig Cochrane?

Hi Guys

I am just getting into the meat of the first chapter (not to much aided by beer and rugby on the box, I digress) and it mentions that the 'costs' or 'worth' of various bits are based on work by Monsieur Cochrane. I have google that name to death, I get heaps of mentions of him, but no links to his work. Could some one point me in the right direction please?

Thanks, M1.9P

EDIT: I have found his hosted forums here and his immortal level stuff on his web page, but where is the CR and other stuff TB is based on? Thanks :)

Last edited:

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
If you've found his forums here, you're in the only place where I know of to get his work-- but I have no idea if it is still available.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Craig's CR system has been periodically posted in various forums as he updates it. However, it's been quite a long time since he's last publicly made it available - and the latest revision (v.6) hasn't been made public yet, though he has sent it out to some people to peruse (though last I heard, he still wants to tweak it some).

Craig has said that he'll make it available soon, but he works at the speed of a melting glacier, so it might be quite a while before v.6 of his CR system is made available for anyone to see.

Yeah, you can still get it from the forums:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/2289968-post42.html

Here's what he had to say about v6 last time I asked:
Howdy Scurvy! :)

I am sure I have explained numerous times what the changes to v6 are. The mechanical changes are very simple and take about two minutes to implement.

The mechanical differences in Version 6

1) Apply the Silver Rule to all factor totals, not just factor totals less than 20.

NB. Previously, Factor Totals above 20 were supposed to simply subtract 3 rather than apply the x0.833 Silver Rule modifier.

2) Challenge Rating is no longer CR x2 = EL +4, its now CR x2 = EL +8.

NB. The minor added confusion on this is that its balanced to 3.5E Spellcaster Classes (which are more powerful), rather than the Martial Classes*. If you wanted to use a party of solely 3.5E Martial Classes then either change to my revised classes (using those as a guide to do the ones I haven't fixed) or use CR x2 = EL +6.

*See my website for Revised Martial Classes which bring them up to balance.

Immortality

The hold-up on any new v6 document (aside from my general apathy on the matter) is basically one of nomenclature. In effect changing all the terms so that the whole thing isn't confusing, so that 'Challenge Rating' isn't mentioned in place of the arbitrary numerical 'Factor' that eventually gets turned into Effective Class Level and subsequently Challenge Rating.

Knock yourself out. :D

Thanks Scurvy, now I need to have my brain in gear to understand it.... or I could go to the pub and watch the Ranfurly Shield match ;)

Not a hard decision, but I will read it latter :)

Last edited:

Remove ads