The Space Gamer #44 (February 1981) and Different Worlds #20 (February 1982)

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Hi there. Does anyone have a copy of either magazine? We are trying to improve the "Against the Giants" article on Wikipedia, and it would help a lot if we could get some excerpts from the reviews in these old magazines. Thanks!

coyote6

Adventurer
Maybe check with SJGames? SJG was the publisher for Space Gamer during that time, so they might have a copy in archives. Either try SJG's forums, or maybe PM Phil Reed -- I know he at least used to have an ENWorld account, though I've no idea if he checks it nowadays.

grodog

Hero
Kevin---

I've got a copy of DW#20 for sure, though it's boxed-up in our attic. I'll see if I have any scans of the issue (Tadashi's been working on a DW archive on- and off for a few years now).

You might also consider posting to the Acaeum for input on the mags.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Maybe check with SJGames? SJG was the publisher for Space Gamer during that time, so they might have a copy in archives. Either try SJG's forums, or maybe PM Phil Reed -- I know he at least used to have an ENWorld account, though I've no idea if he checks it nowadays.

thanks!

Probably on DW20, maybe on SG44, but it will take me a couple days to check.

If I didn't live 40 minutes away and always have no money, I'd have to come into Games Plus more often! If your magazine collection is that good, I'd be digging up all sorts of good old reviews. :) Ya never know, things may change for me one day. ;) But thanks, let me know what you find!

SG Feb '81 is issue 36, not 44. Sorry, we have 36 but not 44.

Not sure where I got the month from, other than someone else pulled that one out of the ether, but yeah TSG #44 is the one I'd need, with a review on G3.

I've got a copy of DW#20 for sure, though it's boxed-up in our attic. I'll see if I have any scans of the issue (Tadashi's been working on a DW archive on- and off for a few years now).

You might also consider posting to the Acaeum for input on the mags.

Hey cool, thanks! :)

juboke

Explorer
This brings back memories. I had a subscription to Fantasy Gamer / VIP of Gaming back in early eighties and still have them today. I did check my collection as once in a while I would receive a Spacer Gamer by mistake or sometimes no issue at all! Unfortunately I do not have the issue you are looking for. Good luck with your search.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Does anyone have a copy of Different Worlds #15 (Review of Fiend Folio) or Different Worlds #21 (Review of D1 & D2 - Descent into the Depths of the Earth)? :)

Man, I wish there was a library somewhere for these things. :)

grodog

Hero
Kevin---

I'm not going to have time to dig these up before I'm off to NJ on Thursday to visit my family over Labor Day week. Ping me after the 13th, and I'll see what I can dig up for you if no one else pulls them in the meanwhile.

Henrix

Explorer
I wonder where my old DWs have ended up, I can't find any but the RQ specials (stored with my RQ stuff).
I ought to have #21 somewhere.:confused:

Remove ads