Daunton's Dead Shadow (DM:Ukingsken, Judge:????)

covaithe

Explorer
After retrieving the notes from Magnus, Morvannon shows them to the captive. "These were found at the scene of a very grisly murder. One that violated the laws of both man and gods. You don't happen to recognize the handwriting, do you?" he says, eyeing the dwarf carefully to gauge his reaction.

"Murther! Nae, it cannae be! The haindwritin'... Ah thenk... Well, it could be auld Maister Crabhairn, wha been tutor t'Milady Porphyria fer nigh on fefteen yeers. Ah glaimpsed a coontraict he scribed fer the laird, not twa weeks agin. His lairdship wasnae sae happy wi'th'letterin, I reckit. Nae oop tae th'Maister's usual stenderts, 'e said." Again, the dwarf seems earnest, but his brows purse in thought suddenly as he considers the last bit.

Vrrsk't came closer to the dwarf, Answer truthfully, or before Lauto can reach your soul, Apoli's radiance will burn it away. Are dark deeds committed in this house or no?

"Dark deeds? Nae, nae, it's nicht sae dark, sair knicht! She's jest a wee bairn, nae danger tae naebiddy. She'll sneekit ite and licht a caundle or thra wi' her girlfriends, chant a bet, betimes barn some encense or puir ite some wine. She's nae th'type t'be envolvet wi' nocht sae fearsome as murther or deevils. Jest wants t'tweak her deddy's nase a bet, aye?" The dwarf pleads, impassioned almost to the point of incoherence, but he seems to have no fear for his own sake.

[sblock=skill challenge!]Does the dwarf know anything useful? Social skills: diplomacy, intimidate, insight, bluff. DCs are based on how plausible and effective I think your RP is. Three failures ends it; as long as you don't have three failures, you can carry on as long as you feel there's more information you want to find out.

[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Sorry for the delay; I neglected to account for the fact that when you ask questions, I have to know the answers. :eek: Anyway, I think I've got it all figured out now, so should be no further delays for a while.

CaBaNa

First Post
No... I'm just reading along right now with everything, have to be at work soon, don't feel like I have enough time to make a quality IC post... I'll be posting in all my games tonight.

RedBeardJim

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I'm not getting any email notifications at the moment -- I missed these last two updates entirely.[/sblock]

Morvannon pauses to work his way through the dwarf's thick accent. "I wouldn't call someone who's had a tutor for fifteen years a 'wee bairn', personally, but that's beside the point. You say this tutor's lettering work has been slipping of late? Have there been any changes to his behavior in that same time? Or the lady's?"

[sblock=ooc again]Diplomacy check (+9): 18[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Morvannon pauses to work his way through the dwarf's thick accent. "I wouldn't call someone who's had a tutor for fifteen years a 'wee bairn', personally, but that's beside the point. You say this tutor's lettering work has been slipping of late? Have there been any changes to his behavior in that same time? Or the lady's?"

The dwarf pulls on his beard, ignoring the drying blood now matting its tangled bulk, and frowns. "Mess Porphyria, nae, she's been jest lake auld tames. Alwees a kaynd waird fer ane end all, she has. Bet.... Nigh ye maintion't, Maister Crabhairn, he's been real quiet, these laist sex months or mair. 'E use t'laicture ye et th'drip o'th' het, abite nair anythen', bet nigh, he hairdly spakes a waird t'anyone. Rumor has et, 'e's got some tairrible disease, wha's lake t'kell 'im slowly, but naebiddy's 'ad th'stanes t'esk 'im abite et."

[sblock=skill challenge!]Does the dwarf know anything useful? Social skills: diplomacy, intimidate, insight, bluff. DCs are based on how plausible and effective I think your RP is. Three failures ends it; as long as you don't have three failures, you can carry on as long as you feel there's more information you want to find out.

[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Grakk carefully listens to the dwarf but doesn't know how to tactfully question him. Frustrated, he bumps the warlock (a little harder than he intended to) "Sorry about that Morvannon...Ask him about the disease. Maybe we might learn something there. Maybe it's a curse or something like that."

ooc: Aide Morvannon on a history check: 1d20=11

Brain

First Post
Vixo comes up near the dwarf and says, "Try to think of anything useful as if your life depended on it."

intimidate (1d20+6=17)

[sblock="Mini stat"]Vixo - Level 3 Kobold Rogue
Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Initiative: +5 Senses: Normal
AC: 17, Fortitude: 14, Reflex: 17, Will: 12-- Speed: 6, Size: Small
HP: 38/38, Bloodied 19, Surge Value 9, Surges left 7/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Shifty
Deft Strike
Riposte Strike

Dazing Strike
Student of the Sword (Multiclass Fighter)
Sneak in the Attack
Nasty Backswing

Blinding Barrage
Duelist's Dagger Daily Power
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

RedBeardJim

First Post
Morvannon mulls the dwarf's words over in his mind. "I definitely think we need to talk to either your 'Miss Porphyria' or her tutor. Preferably not together. You wouldn't want to go against the will of the Temple of Lauto, would you?"

[sblock=ooc]Bluff check (+5): 8. Well, there's a dud. Between this and a couple of games I'm in on another site, my last four d20 rolls have been three 3's and a 4. Feh.[/sblock]

Remove ads