Proposal: Increasing adventuring experience

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I failed to chime in do to not ever going to the LEW front page :blush: I just go straigt to my adventure.

Keep up with MotM Theroc I will be proposing a part two to the adventure (say mid Feb) and see who wants in.

HM

Manzanita

First Post
Interested people might be reading this. We could use some new blood in LEW (not to mention some old). I think we should be open to introduce, or swap out some judges. If any of you excited youth wants to get more involved, let us know!

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I was already proposing something in the Talking the Talk thread, was wondering how to write it up. For the short version I was going to ask anyone with new adventure ideals to think about running them first in LEW. New games start all the time (some mostly using other systems) and I know these guys have their 3.5 sitting around collecting dust, so just thought I would let them know their is still an outlet to both use their old books and try somme new adventure ideals.

About XP (since that's what this thread is about) I think that maybe the judges could be allowed to add XP to a character for a great post. Like the little button that let's you give 1 XP to someone this could be something like 10 x character lvl XP reward for a great posting that the judge liked.

HM

covaithe

Explorer
I somehow failed to notice this thread until now; sorry about that.

I'd be happy either way on this.

In L4W and LEB, we've doubled XP awards, and it works reasonably effectively. It does require more frequent XP awards; you don't want to bunch up awards from a handful of encounters, time xp, and quest awards all at once, or PCs will pass more than one level at once. We usually manage to avoid that by handing out XP more often, possibly multiple times a day, when there's a reasonable break in the action. That works well for 4e, where things like xp and training are a bit more hand-wavy; might not work so well in 3.5e. We'd have to try it and see.

On the other hand, I do agree with the other judges that levelling does go reasonably quickly, when you've got an adventure that moves along pretty well. Although, I would say that getting from level 1 to 2 takes an unreasonably long time in a lot of cases. It seems to get better from there, for some reason.

renau1g

First Post
More powers + magic item seem to speed things along. It now takes 3-5 encounters for a level (depending on size and speed of posts), which is fairly quick, but it can take 3-4 months for that to happen, even in good circumstances.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases