A Paid Trip to Spellhold [D&D 4e]

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: It would make a lot of sense to me. It will also make a lot of sense that Asterion tries to hijack important crewmen's armors or weapons, upgrade the party's weaponry etc. Use your imagination, you are the provider and keeper of all the ship's armors and weapons.

Velmont

First Post
"That would be perfect. I can easily carry them. When it will be the time to free the Slave, I'll need to be there. I'll be able to give them the blessing of Ilmater." he tells.

[SBLOCK=OOC]I'm planning to use my shield power with the slave surrounding me (and the party if possible). That would give up to 11 temporary hit points to me and any ally within 5 squares. For the slaves, I thinks that would be a lot and reduce the number of lose.[/SBLOCK]

On Puget Sound

First Post
Chizz takes one more look around before coming down the mast. This time he's looking not at the ship but at the horizon in all directions, and at the sky. Checking for any incoming weather, or any other ships that we might encounter for good or ill.

perception 22; nature 11

after scanning the horizon and realizing that his weather knowledge does not extend much beyond "my face is wet, it must be raining", he scurries back down to the deck.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Chizz comes back down, without spotting anything of interest besides the beautiful sight of the Amnian capital. It looked nice from the distance, the half orc thought before remembering all the troubles he got into when he stepped on its streets.

Asterion and Cliff were reluctant to tell each other about their dreams. They packed the weapons for later, and hide it in the minotaur's forge to avoid troubles for now.

Taran is standing empty minded looking at the sea.

Lochlan has found a halfling hiding in a barrel of olives. He can tell this small man is lying, although the hunter's keen mind tells him that this is no normal sneaky little thief.

Sany was discovered by one of the pirates, and his lyes unmasked, although this man seems more comprehensive and educated than the pirates he has seen so far, he has an air of woods around him, rather than sea.

On Puget Sound

First Post
Back on the deck, Chizz walks from one end of the ship to the other, straightening coils of rope, checking knots for tightness, and generally looking like an experienced seahand (which he is). He is planning for two possible scenarios, a fight alongside these pirates if we were to be attacked, or a fight against them. So what he is really thinking about as he inspects the deck:

What large and heavy object could I barricade Kumar's door with while he's at dinner, making it at least harder for him to join any fight on deck? His cabin will have another door opening on the ship's hold, but at least it would delay him for a bit.

Is the ballista always manned? Seems like a waste of time having someone just standing at it when there is not another ship for miles....I wonder if I could get close enough to cut its cable so it can't fire, without being observed?

There was some odd stuff happening on the dock as we were boarding. I wonder if the others have found out anything. One thing I know, Kumar is as dangerous to us as he is to any ship he attacks.

No one serves Kumar out of loyalty; fear and greed are all that would make anyone stand with him. Well, maybe the dwarf. A mutiny will be successful only if it is quick; if the crew sees that Kumar is likely to fall, they won't follow him, but if they think he might win, they'll stick with him for fear of the consequences.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Lochlan said:
Seeing the briny halfling, Lochlan immediately surmises something is amiss; something about his story doesn't ring true, and he's got that caught-red-handed look about him.

However, even if the halfling is up to no good, Lochlan isn't exactly acting in the interests of the Captain either; and has no desire to cause a ruckus when he has more important quarry.

Lochlan sets down his bundle and walks across the hold towards him. "Our shipmates may be capable sailors, but I suspect they're men of action more than of commerce. Here, I'll give you a hand tying them down."
"My thanks, good sir," Sandy said with an inward sigh of relief.

As he and the stranger checked the cargo for any other possible issues, Sandy laughed and said, "You know, I joined this expedition kind of last minute - I needed the coin and a change of scenery - and I did not take the time to meet any of the crew. My name is Sandy. You are?"

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases