A Paid Trip to Spellhold [D&D 4e]

Pyrex

First Post
While helping Sandy secure the barrels, Lochlan can't help but notice that the halfling isn't just splashed with brine, but is positively drenched. Also, the barrel looks less like it was smashed by being tossed 'round the deck and more like it was opened.

"My name is Lochlan. I just joined the crew before we set sail in exchange for passage. How did you come to join the crew?"

Having finished lashing down the barrels, Lochlan rests against them for a moment to catch his breath before moving on.

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: I'll pump some more life into this, don't want to stuck here for all ethernity.

The group gathers into Asterion's forge. The minotaur and the shifter have ammased a good abount of small blades and leather armors in several sacks for the slaves, and have concealed them under a pile of "to-do" work the sith has on one corner of the forge.
Chiz has gathered some intels on the better tactics to use on deck once fighting is taken there, he'll know the better spots and hints about how to handle the situation up there.
Lochlan comes in, after some failed attempts to localize his target. Alongside him is a halfling, with a stench of olives that could be smelled from yards away.
Taran comes in also, with some weather reports.
Asterion starts to hammer providing some cover noise, so the planning could begin...

On Puget Sound

First Post
This is interesting. I always hoped someone would take Kumar down, but I never thought I would be part of it. Figured it would be a shark or a kraken, something too dumb to be afraid of him.

Chizz reports on all he has seen - the ballista, obstacles, ropes and weapons, doors to various sections (including his reasonable guesses of parts he hasn't seen, based on typical ship construction), places to take cover, etc. He admires the stash of weapons. You've been planning this for a while, I see.

Last edited:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Sandy tried to explain to Lochlan that he was traded to the crew for information leading to some treasure somewhere, but soon caught on that Lochlan didn't believe a word of it. Sandy resigned that he was not officially part of the crew, but he was on board to work.

Sandy listened carefully to Chizz as he described the ship in detail. He shuffled nervously, left-right-left, as he looked at each of the crew members in turn.

Velmont

First Post
"First thing, I want to make sure everyone here is willing to participate to a mutiny. Are everyone at ease with that idea?" asks Cliff.

[SBLOCK=OOC]If you lie, you better roll a good Bluff roll.[/SBLOCK]

On Puget Sound

First Post
I'm a passenger, not crew, so technically it's a hijacking, not a mutiny. Chizz grins, his fangs gleaming. Or maybe piracy. Either way, it couldn't happen to a more deserving Captain. You should all know that Kumar has allies in the world, but no friends. Those allies support him because he's strong; if we take him down we show that we're stronger. We shouldn't have trouble with them.

I imagine there's also a nice price on his head, probably not just in Amn....

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Sandy's eyes widened. His immediate situation couldn't have been any better. He grinned from ear to ear and even started to laugh from relief.

"I fully support this plan," Sandy stated plainly, still grinning.

Velmont

First Post
"We will need to first free the slaves. That need to happen before anyone figure what is happening, so we have time to unchain the slaves and they get time to put on armor and takes weapon. I also need to gives Illmater's blessing to the slaves.

Second, we will need to disable the balista or the crew that would use them as soon as we start to get out. We don't want to get any of those projectile on the group.

Last, we must make sure to quickly get rid of Kumar and his right hand, the dwarf. Once they both fall under us, we can be sure the crew will surrender or join us.

Anyone have suggestion on each of these steps?"
asks Cliff.

On Puget Sound

First Post
I can always find a reason to go up the mast again. There's a spar that hangs over the ballista deck, with a halyard long enough to reach the deck. When the armed slaves burst out from below, or when the deck crew becomes aware that something is up, I'll slide or swing down on the rope and either disable or capture the ballista before they know what's happening.

Remove ads