A Paid Trip to Spellhold [D&D 4e]

Asterion nods.

"It's settled then. Cliff, Lochlan, and I will follow the dwarf below deck tonight and silence him. From there, we can free the slaves. Taran, could you perhaps disable the ballista once we've unchained the rowers? Perhaps we could arrange a signal."

Velmont

First Post
"We better be not too much. I think 3 with the slaves and 3 up to the deck would be best. If Lochlan can give the same support by being posted on the deck, I think we better have Chizz with us." tells Cliff.

Durlak

First Post
"Maybe you could wait as I sneak into the closed room? perhaps there is something of use and I can unlock the door from the inside"

Pyrex

First Post
OOC: Remember that during nighttime the captain is in his quarters while the dwarf wanders around the ship.

OOC: Oh, I misread. I thought the Dwarf watched over the Captains room.

"Not so fast. We have three objectives we need to cover. The captain, the dwarf and the ballista. Ideally we need to engage all three at roughly the same time without spreading ourselves too thin. I think we need a minor diversion to get the dwarf either to the ballista or to the captains quarters, and divide accordingly."

Velmont

First Post
"Four objective." correct Cliff "We have also the slaves to free. If everything work, we would have a group (let call it A) with the slaves freeing them while another group (let call it B) hold on the deck. As the signal is given, the group B on the deck neutralize the ballista. The best would be only a moment before the group A and the slaves come out. The group A would jump on the pirates and the dwarf. If the captain is asleep, by the time he get out, the ballista should be neutralized and we won't have to handle more than 2 things at a time.

If the group B feel confident in successfully doing it, they can try to disable the ballista while the group A free the slaves, and doing it with discretion."

Herobizkit

Adventurer
"I also have an affinity for machines," Sandy added helpfully, waving his arms for attention, "AND I can sneak like the best of them. Whether or not the ballista group can distract the guard, I may, er, should be able to disable the ballista."

"I insist on disabling the dwarf. If we can wait for him to go below deck, we can easily overwhelm him. Then, we can free the slaves. By then, the ballista should be disabled. We could force some of the crew to surrender, since our freed slaves should easily outnumber them."

Remove ads