Has anyone tried making a true 4e version of Torrent? (Spoilers?)

lectric

First Post
Hey all, I noticed that based on "legal" D&D 4e rules, Torrent is pretty unusual (unless I'm missing something). I realize she's sort of a cross between a PC and an NPC, but we're just talking here.

Her abilities are a point off (based on the standard 4e NPC array), she has an "illegal" skill (Athletics), and there seem to be quite a few missing powers. This is kind of cool, but I was wondering how she would work as a really standard 4e NPC, with some slight tweaks.

Here's what I came up with, based partly on her personality in the game, partly on her use specific to my campaign:

Torrent, level 2 Human Cleric

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 14, Con 12, Dex 10, Int 11, Wis 18, Cha 13.

TRAINED SKILLS
History +6, Religion +6, Heal +12, Arcana +6, Diplomacy +7

FEATS
Cleric: Ritual Caster
Human: Weapon Proficiency (Battleaxe)
Level 1: Melora's Tide
Level 2: Combat Medic

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Righteous Brand
Channel Divinity: Healer's Mercy
Cleric at-will 1: Priest's Shield
Cleric at-will 1: Sacred Flame
Cleric encounter 1: War Priest's Strike
Cleric daily 1: Shield of the Gods
Cleric utility 2: Cure Light Wounds

ITEMS
Ritual Book, Chainmail, Battleaxe, Magic Holy Symbol +2

RITUALS
Gentle Repose, Create Holy Water

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? Anyone?

Daern

Explorer
I posted a companion character version in the OP on the thread "Another Campaign". Its closer to DMG standard I think. I don't really care about what's legal, but the stats in the adventure are really long, so the companion rules seem good to me.

Admiral Caine

First Post
I sure did notice, and actually rashly reported her as needing errata in the Errata thread for Chapter #1.

And then they pointed out that she's built more like a monster than a PC, and in fact this morning I built version one of her in the Monster Builder. Came out fine, but Monster Builder lacks the option to added multiple uses to things like her Healing Word encounter power.

Why would I do this? So I could import her into Mortaneus' 4E combat tracker
http://www.enworld.org/forum/softwa...d-d-4th-edition-combat-tracker-utility-4.html

But like you, I have toyed with rebuilding her as a PC, and your stats look very valid. I only just got the DMG2 so I'll have to check out those Companion Rules.

Remove ads